I Don't Need Anybody Else

''This is nice.'' I mumbled into Peeta's shirt.

''We should do this more often.'' He said, lifting my chin up to face him. Whilst Willow was out hunting, Rye at school and Oakley having her afternoon sleep, Peeta and myself had spent the past hour laying together and talking like we used to do. His fingers were twizzling around a lock of my hair and I allowed myself to lay peacefully on him, listening to the steady beat of his heart. ''You're so beautiful. I never get tired of looking at you.'' He said staring deep into my grey eyes. His head moved closer to mine, but suddenly stopping. His brow furrowed as if he was trying to figure something out.

''What is it?'' I asked.

''The interview with Caesar after we'd won the first games. You said you couldn't imagine life without me right?''

''Right.'' Where was this going?

''That was all lies wasn't it? For the cameras?''

''I-I don't know. I suppose the smiley, girly part of it was. But when we were in there it was you I wanted to save. The train home I was dreading the moment I'd finally have to let go of your hand. Because I knew...I knew how hurt you were. I knew, well I thought, we'd never be the same again. I didn't want to hurt you- but I did.''

''I remember now. It's a little clearer, I think after we arrived home I went to see Haymitch- he told me to let you go. But I couldn't.''

''I know.'' I looked down, not able to be held in his gaze any longer. I hated what I did to him. I just got a little lost, that's all.

''I'm ruining this aren't I'' He said, gently stroking the small of my back.

''No, no.''

''I'm sorry, I'm still putting tiny pieces together. I can't tell sometimes.''

''I know. But you can tell I love you right?''

''For now.''

''What do you mean for now?'' Before he had chance to answer the door burst open and Rye came running in. ''Hey Mr,'' I said standing up to hug him. ''How was your day?''

''It was alright, we did causes of the uprising. I know all about the nightlock mum, that's so cool how you thought of that!'' My 7 year old son, who thought humiliating the Capitol was 'cool'. I suppose it was better than him being terrified, but even so- he still had a lot to learn.

''You must remind me or your father to show you them sometime, you must never eat them ok?''

''Alright, alright.'' He said, slightly moaning at my over-protectiveness. Rye started to say something, but then look around as if he was looking for something. Willow was stood leant on the doorframe, Rye gave her a look, and in return she gave him one back before coming over to stand beside him.

''Dad, Mum- we have something to tell you.'' Willow said.

''You both do? What is it? Are you alright?'' Peeta asked concerned.

''We're fine, and we're sure you two will be too. It's just-''

''Uncle Gale's moved back.'' Rye said, interrupting Willow.

''RYE!'' Willow scolded. ''That wasn't the way we planned.'' She said nudging him.

''Well they were gonna find out sooner or later.'' I was unaware that Peeta's hand had slid around my waist to comfort me. All I could think was seeing Gale every single day, remembering what had happened. We'd cleared everything up 3 years ago, but after that last conversation we slowly drifted further apart and now he was back. His children were lovely, and I haven't met their fourth yet, all I knew is that it was another girl. Arya I think her name is, just a couple of months older than Oakley.