Ready Sweetheart?

''You ready Sweetheart?'' We were stood in the outskirts of the woods, just meters away from the open meadow. Haymitch was going to walk me down the aisle.

''Never been more ready for anything.'' I told him. ''Thankyou Haymitch...for doing this.''

''You know I wouldn't have said no. Now are you ready?''

''Yes. Any last advice before I commit once more?'' I asked, raising my eyebrow. His mouth twitched up into a smile, before he spoke.

''Make sure you protect each other.''

''I promise.''

''Come on then.'' He said, holding out his arm for me to take. Willow walked through the meadow first, her soft orange dress flowing gently in the wind, Rye followed, and holding Oakley's hand as she wobbly tottered down. They weren't pageboys or bridesmaids, but we wanted the day to include the children too, creating a bond which hopefully could never be broken. I took a deep breath as we emerged from the trees to see everyone sitting on satin white chairs, with branches entwined around them. Effie had done exactly what I'd asked, it was simple, yet beautiful. I slowly walked down, gripping Haymitch's arm tightly in case I tripped and fell- what a nightmare that would be.

My dress was white, but it wasn't a typical wedding dress, nothing too fancy. It was just a simple gown, which fell down my body effortlessly. It was silky and had a lace trim around the hem and the open back. The meadow made me feel like a place where I was free from everything, I felt somewhat grounded. Peeta stood at the front next to a priest, he was dressed in a tuxedo, with a muted orange tie. As we approached the front, Haymitch pecked me on the cheek, before he left to find his seat next to Effie I pulled him into a hug. ''Thankyou. For absolutely everything.'' He gave me a wink and whispered an 'it's my pleasure', then handed me over, for the last time to Peeta. He stood there, with a bright smile plastered on his face, and blue eyes twinkling.

''We are gathered here today on this beautiful Saturday evening to witness and share the love between this man and women.'' The Priest said. I looked up locking eyes with Peeta, who gave me a small smile.

''You look beautiful.'' He mouthed, making me blush slightly.

''Years ago, Peeta and Katniss Mellark declared their love for each other and today we're gathered to see them do it once more. Here before me stand their three children who play a very great part in their love and today is for them too. Today is to recognise the Mellark's and their compassion, today is to form one last bond. Together. Now, Peeta could you take this band and whilst placing it upon Katniss's finger say your vows.'' She stepped back and allowed Peeta and myself to become lost in each other's words.

''5 years old I was, 5 years old and not a clue in the world, but the moment I set eyes on you I knew. I knew that I needed you in my life. Days went by where I'd admire your beauty, and those days turned into months and months into years. Seeing you volunteer for Prim, may her soul rest in peace may I add, tore me apart. Because that's when I knew I'd never see you again and never have the chance to be with you. Until Effie pulled out my name, and the next thing I knew we were on the train to the Capitol. Now I don't want to talk about that, but Katniss you saved me. I don't think I can ever tell you how thankful I am, without you I-I don't know where I'd be. Every day I wake up to see you, and every day I thank god one more time. I never get tired of looking at you or being with you, because you make my life whole and worth living. I know we had a very bumpy start to say the least, but you're here now and you've changed my life for the better. You should credit yourself more, because I don't think I've known someone to care as much as you do. I know you were scared to have children, but like every other obstacle in your life, you overcame it and you are an amazing mother. The amount of love I feel for you is one thing, but the actual depth is another I think only we'll be able to understand. Each day I find myself falling for you all over again and I want to say thank you for this unimaginable life. My Katniss, my girl on fire. This ring is another way to show my love and I will continue to do so for the rest of my life.'' Peeta slides the ring on my finger and gently places a kiss on my hand. I slyly think 'how the hell does mine compete with that', because Peeta has always had a way with words.