Remember What I Said

My eyes fluttered open as the sun streamed through the curtains, which were gently blowing from the slight breeze coming through the open window. I turned inwards to face Peeta, who was also just waking up. ''Morning.'' I whispered, trying not to disturb Oakley.

''Morning to you too'', Peeta mumbled, his morning voice deep and sleepy. As he did every morning, his arm stretched out to grab my waist, pulling me closer towards him. ''What are we doing today? Beach?'' He murmured into the crook of my neck as he softly panted kisses across my collar bone.

''Sounds perfect, you know how much I love District 4 and the sea.'' I replied. We stayed in a hotel by the coast last night as Willow was a little sceptical of staying at Annie's, but the suite we were given was beautiful, and so nobody complained. After lying in bed for about 10 minutes, Oakley began to stir, I prised Peeta's arms off of me and got her from her toddler crib in the corner of our room. ''Morning little hen'', I said bending over to pick her up.

''Mu-ma'', she lisped as her arms outstretched to cling onto my neck. I took her over to Peeta who grabbed her from me giving her a hug. She happily nestled into his shoulder whilst he played with her blonde locks.

''I'm just getting a shower before breakfast. I suspect the other two are already up.'' I said as I walked into the ensuite. It was small, but luxurious. I stripped from my nightgown and stepped into the shower, pressing the on button. The water sprayed on top of me. I looked over to the basket full of shampoos, the hotel had provided 2 choices. I looked at the first one lavender, well I was allergic to that so it would have to be the other. I picked up the bottle and read the front. Rose. Immediately the pungent scent filled my nostrils, I dropped the bottle as my mind became consumed with terror. All of my senses were gone apart from smell, which raged above them all. My legs gave way and I found myself slipping on the water, falling onto the edge of the open lid which made a small cut on my leg. The blood seeped out and a panic all too familiar overame me, the rose scent, the blood- it all reminds me of one person. Coriolanus Snow. I sit there, my body trembling under the hot steam which must be scolding me by now, until unexpectedly the water stops and I feel strong arms wrap a towel around me and scoop me up from the floor. Peeta. I breathe in his odour, one that isn't a promise of revenge, but a promise of hope.

''Katniss, are you okay? My sweet, sweet girl, what happened?'' Peeta asks, cradling me in his arms.

''S-S-Snow'' I managed to get out.

''Snow's dead Kas, he's gone.''

''No.'' I protest.

''Yes, whatever happened it's not real. You're safe- I promise.'' It takes another 10 minutes of Peeta coaxing me back around to reality and what seemed like an endless game of 'real or not real' before I get dressed and head into the lounge area of the suite. Rye and Oakley are sat at the counter, Willow is stood there spooning yoghurt into Oakley's mouth, whilst Rye stuffs his face with scrambled eggs.

''Nice of you to wait,'' I joke as I walk over to them, ruffling Rye's curly locks.

''Well we did, but you guys were taking so long so we ordered room service.'' He said with a mischievous grin on his face.

''You couldn't even wait for one of my famous fry up's?'' Peeta said grabbing Rye from his stool and lifting him over his shoulder, tickling him.

''Dad let go'', Rye laughed. Peeta continued amusing Rye for a while, whilst I checked through the room service menu.

''Do you want anything darling?'' I asked Willow.

''Just some more strawberries please.''

''That all?''