Never

Willows POV

''Wills, maybe you should go back to the hotel darling, you've been here all night.'' My dad said, as he handed me a mug of coffee and sat beside me.

''I don't want to leave, anything might happen.'' I admitted. Over the past few hours I'd been sat by Haymitch's side, nibbling away at the skin around my thumb and anxiously waiting for any news. My mother and Rye were back at the hotel, resting, but I just couldn't pull myself away. No matter how hard I tried.

Oakley had to go stay with one of Effie's friends, as she kept on crying over how 'Uncle Haym' wouldn't be there for her 'princess party', and it was quite simply tearing everyone apart. The look in her eyes, the sorrow, the disappointment, nobody should have to see that on a three year old's face.

''Just a couple of hours Wills, hm? We'll call you if anything happens.''

''I don't know.'' I hesitated. ''Because what if-''

I suddenly stopped talking as an ever so familiar figure walked around the corner, frantically looking for something. His dirty blonde tousled hair, white shirt and leather jacket were hard to miss. When he saw me, his eyes lit up like a childs would on their birthday. ''Willow.'' He sighed, closing his eyes.

''Finn!'' I shouted, jumping up and running down the corridor towards him. I jumped into his arms, as he lifted me up, erupting in yet again, more tears. ''Y-you're here.'' I cried.

''Shh, I'm here. Don't cry Wills, It's okay.'' He said, putting me down and pulling me into a hug. I buried my face into his shirt, letting his cologne infuse my nostrils, calming me down. ''You're alright. I'm here, you're not alone.'' He whispered soothingly.

We finally broke apart, and he wiped the tears from my eyes, pecking me gently on the forehead. We walked back down the corridor, hands clasped together, and my body pressed closely to his side. ''Uncle Peeta.'' He said, clearing his throat.

''Hey Finn.'' My father smiled wryly, as he gave him a hug.

''How's he shaping up?'' Finn asked, worryingly.

''I'd like to stay positive, but he's not well Finn.''

''Can I go in and see him?'' Finn asked.

''Of course you can. Just prepare yourself though, it's a big shock.''

''Wills, erm, will you come in with me?'' He asked, suddenly becoming nervous.

''Of course I will.'' I smiled, squeezing his hand gently to let him know I was here. ''Hey, it's not as bad as it seems alright? Chin up.'' Finn gave me a small smile, but nothing could bring me away from the fact he looked so sad. His body was upright and stiff, the tension radiating through his body at the thought of seeing Uncle Haymitch. But, most of all he looked lost. Finn Odair wasn't meant for this environment, he wasn't meant to be surrounded by sorrow, he wasn't meant to look so mournful, and he wasn't meant to be able to deal with loss- it was just how he was.

We walked into the room, clasping hands, and taking a deep breath. Finn's body noticeably tensed up as soon as his eyes landed on Uncle Haymitch. Grey, pale and weak. ''My second favourite couple. Hello you two.'' He smirked weakly.

''We're not exactly together.'' I explained.

''Don't tell me, it's complicated right? How many times do you think I've heard that?'' He chuckled. ''Anyway, what brings you here?'' He asked, wafting his arms around.

''What do you think?'' I said, raising my eyebrows and leading Finn towards a chair.

''Oh yeah. Me.'' He laugh quietly. ''How're you doing Finn?'' He asked, grabbing his hand.