Our Team

''Come on Rye or you'll be late for school.'' I said as I bucked Oakley into her pram, she was a little grouchy this morning, so I decided to let her go in her pushchair so she didn't have to walk and could sleep if she wanted to.

''I'm ready, I'm ready.'' He shouted as he pelted down the stairs.

''Careful you'll fall.'' I snapped.

''Yeah, yeah whatever.'' He said as he put his shoes on.

Willow had an exam this morning, so she'd left early with Thomas to get in some last minute revision, meaning it was just Rye, Oakley and me seeing as Peeta was at work. As we speedily walked through town to get to the school, beads of sweat started to form, it was early yet it must already have been nearly 20 degrees. ''Mum can we slow down now, look Auntie Cressida is only a little bit in front of us, we're not going to be late.'' Rye whined.

''Alright, we'll slow down.'' I sighed. We were just approaching the school playground when the bell sounded. ''Not going to be late are we mr?'' I said raising my eyebrow, but then smiling because I couldn't stay mad at him. ''Run along, you'll be late.'' I said giving him a hug.

''Bye Mum, I love you.''

''And you.'' I said, ruffling his hair.

''Bye Oaks!'' He shouted as he ran into the school, waving.

I watched him to make sure he got in alright, before leaving. Deciding to take the route through the woods back home, I walked down a side track and into the trees. In the mist of trees in front I could see a figure not far ahead. I wondered who it could possibly be, as people rarely passed through these parts. As I went around a corner I got a glimpse of blonde waves and a women carrying a toddler. ''Cressida?'' I shouted. She turned around and smiled brightly when she saw us, I slightly sped up to catch up with her, engulfing her in a hug.

''Katniss, it's lovely to see you again.''

''I know! I feel as if it's been too long. Hello missy.'' I said cooing at Summer. She gave me a shy wave, before burying herself in her mother's hair.

Cressida bent down to see Oakley inside the pushchair, who was fast asleep. ''Oh a little sleeping beauty.'' She fussed. ''Rough night?'' She asked as we continued to make our way through the forest.

''Yeah, she was up all night crying, I don't know what's up with her.''

''Aw bless, well she's gorgeous, she looks like your Prim.''

''I know. And you missy, look exactly like your mother.'' I said, slightly tickling Summer, a ghost of a smile flickered on her face before burying her head back in again. ''Gale's head of hair mind you.'' I joked.

''Definitely. Look Katniss you'll have to come around one time, bring little Oakley and I'm sure her and Summer will get on great.'' She said as we parted.

''I'll keep that in mind. Say hi to, urm, Primrose for me, and your boys.'' I said, giving her a wave.

''Will do, say hi to Willow and Rye!''

''Of course!''

As we turned off from each other Oakley started to stir. ''Hello darling.''

''Mu-ma.'' She murmured. ''Where's daddy?''

''He's at work dear.''

''Can Oak-ee go see him. Oak-ee want cake.'' She asked.

''Of course, come on then sweetie.''

I wheeled her down to the bakery and opened the door as the bell went, walking inside. Every time I walked in I was overwhelmed at how successful the bakery was. Peeta has expanded it, meaning there was places to sit and a menu to order from, but also still a small counter to buy bread rolls and cakes from. ''Mrs Mellark.''