Knowing the Truth

''Thankyou for the perfect night.'' I whispered onto Peeta's chest.

''Thankyou for the perfect life.'' He whispered as he kissed the top of my head. We were finally, after a long night, in bed together, Peeta's strong arms holding me. ''Who'd have thought I would be so lucky to marry you once, let alone twice.'' He teased.

''Shut up and go to sleep.'' I said, shaking my head in amusement.

''Okay goodnight.''

''Goodnight Peeta.''

''I love you.''

''I love you too'' I told him.

''Always?''

''Always.'' I whispered as my tiredness overcame me, pulling me down into a deep sleep.

Suddenly, my eyes shot open. Something wasn't right, I looked over to see Peeta wide awake too. Behind him was the clock, which showed it was 3am. ''Why are you up?'' I asked, yawning.

''Oakley was crying.'' He said, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling towards him. ''Go to sleep Kas.'' He said pecking my forehead. A while later I woke up again, but this time it wasn't to silence, but to Rye screaming. I shot up and grabbed my robe, before running down the hallway to find him, Peeta was a little behind as his leg became stiffer if it wasn't used. I flicked on Rye's light to see him curled up in the corner of his bed, his duvet pulled right over his chest.

''I-I had a nightmare.'' He stammered.

''Shh, it's okay. It's not real.'' Peeta said.

''W-w-what if they come back?''

''What if what come back?'' I asked.

''The monkeys.''

''There's no monkeys here Rye.'' I told him.

''There was in my dream, and, and they were chasing me and they got you dad and they got Willow and- and-''

''Shh calm down.'' Peeta said as he picked him up to hug him. ''Come over to your window, I bet there's a beautiful sunrise.'' Peeta and Rye went and stood over at the window as Willow appeared at the door. She came in and sat beside me. ''Look Rye, all the colours, I'll get your sketchbook and we can draw it ok? Don't worry about anything else, you're right here with me.''

''I remember when he used to say that to me.'' Willow yawned.

''Well it works, so I'm not going to stop him. Don't tell you father, but I think it calms him too.''

''Yeah, a way of coping. I can see why though, so many colours to focus on, it takes your mind away from what's happening. What was his nightmare about?''

''The monkey mutts chasing him and killing us.'' Willow muttered something, but I didn't quite catch it. ''What was that Wills?'' She sighed deeply, before beginning.

''Earlier, I walked in on Jenson telling Rye all kinds of stories, I guess he must have found some footage online or something and that's what triggered it.'' Willow could see my rage rising, so she placed her hand on top of my fist and gently eased my fingers free. ''He's only young, he knows what he did was wrong, I've already talked to him about it.''

''Hmm ok then.''

''Mum I think it's time.'' I was dreading this moment. My daughter telling me she thought her brother should know, the way we told her. ''I've been there, as confused as he is, we should tell him.''

''But I-''

''I know, but this time you've got me there too.'' Willow was 16, yet spoke as if she was one of the wise old lady's people in District 12 looked up to.