Chapter 44

*Val POV*
I stared down the road, waiting anxiously for the yellow taxi to come around the corner. It had been exactly two weeks and I needed him back. I needed skulduggery back. I glanced around next to me, to see anxious faces matching my own. Everyone was excited to get skulduggery back, back to the old him. The one I fell in love with. I always loved him, and I always him. Until the end. My breath hitched In my throat as jack squirmed in my arms, seeing the taxi turning the corner. Ofcourse, it was a sanctuary taxi and was able to deliver him straight to roar haven from the airport. The taxi came to a slow infront of us, as my eyes started to water. I waited for that sound. That sound that his clean shoes make on the gravel, the sound of him laughing. I waited for him. The door clicked open, as a sharp man in a suit stepped out. He reached up onto the nape of his neck, as his face began to melt away. I cried out, lunging into his arms. He held me closely as I sobbed quietly in his arms. "Hey beautiful" he murmured, tilting my head up. I smiled, despite the tears as he leant down and our lips touched. I missed this. A cough from beside us, pulled us apart. Jack ran forward, stopping before the skeleton. "Dad, your not going to go away anymore are you?" He mumbled softly, tears spilling down his cheeks. "Hey", skul cooed, picking jack up. "I'm here now aren't I?" He replied, bouncing jack on his waist. "Mummy was sad when you were gone." Jack States, making me blush, looking down. "I was sad to. I missed mum." Skul mumbled, laughing nervously. Jack nodded, hopping down as the dead men stepped forward. They paused without words before all tackling him. I could hear them sniggering and skul laughing as Tanith and I rolled our eyes. They all got up, wiping off the dirt as the taxi drove away. "How are you?"Ghastly asked, hinting at the L problem. "Uhh..... I..... Don't know.... He's still there... I just can't hear him..." He replied, musing. "Who's there daddy?" Jack asks, grabbing Skuls hand. "No one buddy" Skul sighs, squeezing his hand. "That's a start!" Dexter smiles, patting Skul on the back. "Atleast he can't influence my emotions anymore" Skul points out, shrugging. "Jack, do you mind staying with one of your uncles for the night?" Skul murmured, bending down to jacks level. "I'd like to talk to mummy." He added on, tilting his head. Jack paused, turning to me. "Okay... I l-" "Grand Mage! We have a problem!"