Chapter 26

*Val POV*
1 week later
I sigh, flipping through the magazine. Nothing stood out. A hand slips around my waist, making me grin. "Hello, gorgeous. Can I have your number?" A silky voice laughs. I grin, rolling my eyes. "Why, I think you already have it!" I laugh, turning around on the couch to face him. Skulduggery grabs my face softly, caressing my cheek. "Find anything?" He asks, nodding to the magazine. I sigh, shaking my head. "Nothing. Absolutely nothing." I pout, snuggling into his arms. I hear a cry from the baby monitor next to me, making me groan. "That's the 5 time this hour! Why can't he sleep?" I whine, burying my face in skuls chest. He chuckles, getting up. "Because he's my son. I'll get this one" he states, ruffling my hair. "Thankyou" I mumble, thinking about how great a bloody husband I have. I turn back to the magazine, looking through the decorations. I could hear skulduggery walking upstairs from the monitor and listened as he calmed down jack. "Hey little man! What's the matter?? "He coos, calming Jack down. He Starts humming a song, that sounds familiar, almost putting me to sleep as well. I lay back against the couch, tired and frustrated. A pair of strong arms pick me up, carrying me upstairs. Skul gently lays me on the bed, laying next to me. "Sing that song", I mumble, barely keeping my eyes open. I hear him start to sing as I slowly drift off to sleep.

I lay quietly, trying to listen to the talking going around my head. I peep open my right eye, trying to get a look, but blush, realising its Tanith and the Dead Men, taking photos, and gently talking about us. "Who would have thought that love could heal both their broken hearts", Tanith sighs, leaning against ghastly. I poke my tongue out at them, showing that I'm awake. I hear ghastly chuckle, sitting softly on the end of the bed. "We just wanted to see how the decorations search was going" he whispers, hoping not to wake up skulduggery. "We have our eye on one", I frown. I see him grin. "It better match the venue you got!". I sit up, startling Skul awake. "What the f-... Hell" he mumbles,sitting up. "I hope you don't catch onto his language!" Ghastly glares, laughter in his eyes. "Skul! We got the venue!" I grin, bouncing up and down. "That's great honey!" He chuckles, before laying down agin, his arm around my waist. "We'lol give you two some alone time..." Saracen giggles, walking back down stairs. The rest of them follow, except ghastly. "Also, I finished your dress" he smiles, seeing my ecstatic face. "Really?!! Thankyou ghastly!!" I cry, hugging him. He hugs me back just as quickly, before waving and leaving with the rest of them. "Val... We don't have to get marrie-" he mumbles, before I interrupt him. "What? Why wouldn't I?" I ask, confused and upset. "But I'm a s-" "how many times have we been over this?!" I sigh, upset he's bringing it up again. "But that doesn't change the matter that I am a bloody skeleton!" He whisper yells, frustrated. I grumble, getting up and walking out of the room. " I don't have a problem with it. The only person who does, is you skulduggery!" I state, angry.