Chapter 4

*2 days later*
*Val POV*
I stared blankly at the piano at skuls house. It was beautiful. No one knew I could play. I walked over to the piano, sitting on the cushiony seat. I sigh, thinking of a song that I made. I sing as I play.
"There was a girl in the front of my class, who I swear I've never seen do anything but laugh. She's tall and she's smart, beautiful and strong, and when someone's down she tries to fix what is wrong. How does someone so perfect, feel so insecure? As to scar her skin with cuts and burns and still want to hurt more. How does someone so loving, learn to hate her own guts?Drawing a picture on her arm with a blade, as if her mind isn't dark enough. There is a girl in the front of my class who's eyes are glazed over like newly cut glass. The ghost of a smile, hints at her face, and she laughs as her friends tell her who's on first base. How does someone so perfect,feel so insecure? As to scar her skin with cuts and burns and still want to hurt more. How does someone so loving, learn to hate her own guts? Drawing a picture on her arm with a blade as if her mind isn't dark enough. There is a girl in the front of my class who's so sad, you find it rare to see her smile or laugh. Her friends tell her jokes, like that one with that guy, but all she does is close her eyes and enter her mind. How does someone so perfect, feel so insecure? As to scar her skin with cuts and burns, and still want to hurt more. How does someone so loving, learn to hate her own guts? Drawing a picture on her arms with a blade, as if her Mind isn't dark enough. For her imperfections.
There was a girl in the front of my class, who yesterday took a breath that was her last. She wrote a few notes, 'I'm sorry I didn't say, my mind was messed up, you couldn't save me anyway'. And to the girl in the back of the class, who feels the way I did.... How does someone so perfect, feel so insecure, as to scar her skin with cuts and burns and still want to hurt more?...." By the time I'm down tears are streaming down my face. I lay my head down on the piano, sobs wracking my body. "You have a beautiful voice"I heard Skul murmer. I didn't answer. He walked over and sat next to me, taking me in his arms. "Did you write that?"he asks softly. I just nod. "M-my sister....." I didn't need to say anymore, he understood. "Oh val! Im so sorry! " he cries. I just sigh, kissing his teeth. "I wrote it about her", I stuttered. He nodded. "Look, were having a meeting downstairs, do you want to come?" He asks softly. I shake my head. "I'll think I'll go and lay down." I mumbled. He nods picking me up. He takes me to my room, laying me in bed. He tucks me in and lays down next to me. "What about the meeting?" I mumble. He shrugs. "Nah, I love you to much" he states. I smile, snuggling into his arms. I slowly drift off, to him singing 'Me and Mr Jones'....

*That song was 'Dark Enough by Amanda lopiccolo' I take no credit.*