Chapter 15

*Val POV*
I see Erskine drop the apple he was eating, and hear Anton choke on water. "No." Tanith stares at us, eyes wide. I nod, grinning. She squeals, jumping up and down. "NO WAY!! OMG OMG OMG!" She squeals, softly hugging me. "Okay, I was NOT expecting that....." Erskine mutters, softly hugging me and patting skulduggery on the back. Saracen and dexter jump up and down like two year olds, squealing. " Ha! We already knew!" Dexter teased. I rolled my eyes, turning to ghastly. The whole room went silent as ghastly walked towards us. He stared at us for a while, before his gaze rested on our joined hands. He sighed. "What has he done to you this time..." He muttered, taking me into a soft hug. I hug him back, tears forming in my eyes. "Thank you ghastly. For everything " I cry. He rubs my back, shushing me. "It's alright! It's only cause I love you!" He states. I laugh. "I love you to!". He lets go of me turning to skulduggery. "Now. You listen here. You better be the best bloody father ever! Or I'll kill you again!" He threatens. Skulduggery doesn't seem fazed. "Why wouldn't I be?" He smiles, (metaphorically) taking my hand. I grin at him as ghastly slowly grins. "This will be an interesting 9 months!" Dexter laughs. I poke my tongue at him. "Val! I need to talk to you!" Tanith squeals, running up to me. Skulduggery stops her, "Careful!" He mutters. I grin. "Being a bit protective detective?" I smirk. He pauses, tilting his head up. "No. I just.... Ok yes" he mumbles. I laugh. "Awwww I think it's cute!" I say before kissing his cheek, taking Tanith's hand to go and talk in the other room.
"I think I'm in love with ghastly!" She squeals, once were seated on the couch. I grin, "It was pretty obvious!" I giggle, at he shocked expression. "H-how obvious?" She whimpers. "He obviously didn't get the hint!" I sigh. "Actually, I did" ghastly grins, walking into the room. Tanith blushes, bright red, covering her face. "You heard me didn't you..." She mumbles. He nods, grinning. "Tanith, come here!" He sighs. All the dead men are watching. Tanith doesn't move. Ghastly sighs, walking to Tanith and kissing her on her lips. "It's good, because I love you to!" He grins, radiating happiness. "AWWWWW!!" I squeal as Tanith blushes taking his hand. "FINALLY!" The dead men chorus. Ghastly and Tanith watch, embarrassed. I yawn, suddenly tired, leaning back into skuls embrace. "Come on, let's get you home!" He chirps, draping his arms around my shoulder. I nod, tiredly, saying goodbye to everyone. We walk outside to the Bently and climb in, holding each other's hands. "Go to sleep" Skul mumbles, activating his facade and giving me a kiss. I whimper when he pulls away, as he chuckles. "Later. When we sent being watched" he whispers, in my ear. I look up noticing were still in the driveway being watched by everyone. I blush as we wave, pulling out of the driveway.