Chapter 8

*Val POV*
I run about the house, getting ready. Skulduggery, of course was already ready, back in his skeleton form. I run to the door, "I'm ready!" I chirp. I see him run Down the stairs, bounding in delight. "Someone's happy", I grin. He chuckles. "Maybe it's because I just had sex with the most beautiful girl I've ever laid eyes on!" He smirked. I blushed, playfully punching his arm. He takes my hand in his, walking to the Bently. He opens my door, walking around to his side, before sliding into the leather seat, grabbing my hand. We slowly drive to the sanctuary, not looking forward to the adventure awaiting us. When we arrive, we slowly climb out of the Bently. Skulduggerys walking confidently even though I could tell he was nervous. I, on the other hand, am shaking. Skulduggery stops me, standing in front of me. "Don't worry, it will be fine!" He reassured me. He's lying. Tears spring to my eyes as I hear her voice. Skulduggery shakes my shoulders. "Val, was that Darquesse?" He asked, softly. I gave him a confused look. How did he know? "Your eyes changed again..." He whispered. I nodded, squeezing his hand. He tilted his head, "Stay strong" he mumbled, hugging me. I hugged him back tightly, putting my face into his chest. I take a deep breath, pulling away, smiling up at him. "Let's do this!" I chirp. He laughs, stroking my face. "Until the end." "Until the end" I reply, as we walk through the doors.
There were only a few people in the hallways, as most of them were in the sanctuary meeting. The few we past gave us polite hello's, not knowing about the phone call yet. As we got near the doors I heard someone 'Shush' knowing we were hear. Probably Saracen. Skul held up three fingers. Three. Two. One. Then we opened the door.