Chapter 13

*Val POV*
I stayed there the whole night. Not sleeping, not moving, just staring at the ground thinking. By the time morning light came in through the window, I was barely able to keep my eyes open. I heard the door open, and heard soft footsteps make there way towards me. I heard someone sigh, picking me up and getting me dressed. I was so tired I didn't even realise it was skulduggery. He didn't say anything as he carried me back to the bed. He laid me down, laying next to me. "Try and get some sleep okay?" He whispered, hugging me to him. I nodded, sleepily, already drifting off.

*Skulduggery POV *
-The night before-
I was so mad. Not at val. Just mad. I stalked out of the bathroom, into the halls. I passed a few mages but they kept their distance, practically feeling the anger radiating off of me. I stalked out Into the night, sitting in a tree near the sanctuary. I sighed, putting my head in my hands. "Get yourself together, skulduggery. She's pregnant! It's not her fault! She did have her father to deal with her whole life...." I muttered to myself. For the first time in years, I heard lord Vile's voice. I don't know... Her father wasn't probably that bad. SHUTUP VILE. I snapped in my head. I should have been there for her. I shouldn't have been angry. I looked up at the sky, noticing it getting lighter. How long had I been out here? I quickly hopped out of the tree, back in to the sanctuary.

*Val POV*
I yawned, opening my eyes to the harsh light. I looked up at skulduggery to notice he was sleeping peacefully beside me, holding me in his arms. He looked so calm and adorable in his sleep. I turned over to face him fully. He opened his facade eyes, glancing into mine. He smiled softly, stroking my cheek. "Last nights out the window, got it?" He smiled. I nodded, kissing him. "Are you ok?" I mumbled. He paused but caved in. "No. I'm afraid I'll lose you. I heard lord Vile's voice last night. I don't want to lose you Valkyrie I love you to much! Everything's just so stressful lately!" He sobbed. I immediately, brought him into my arms. "Skul! It's ok! We're going to be okay, okay? I'm not going anywhere! Until the end, remember?" I cooed. He nodded, sniffling. "Until the end", he replied. We stayed in each others arms for at least an hour before my stomach rumbled. Skulduggery chuckled. "Come on, you have a plan to tell the others, am I correct?" He grinned. I nodded eagerly, smiling widely. "It goes like this...