Chapter 6

*Skulduggery POV*
"So, what did you want to talk about?" Ghastly asks, sitting down on the clinch. I join him, stiffly. "Uhh..... Just hear me out..." I stutter. He grins. "Finally! I made the great skeleton detective stutter!" He laughs. I stay silent. "Ummm.... Well, me and Val have been getting really close lately an-" "No" he cuts me off, glaring at me. "I said hear me out!" I whined. He gunted, unimpressed. "Anyway, China said.... she could give me a full body facade....." I trail off at his angry face. "You. Know. I. Think. Of. Her. As. A. Daughter" he growls. I sigh, "Yes, I know! But your also my best friend, and I need your advice!" I snap, annoyed. He sighs, rubbing his head. "Oh god.... I could see this coming but.... Umm.... Look. I need to know that your completely devoted to Valkyrie. Otherwise I'm not letting you do anything!" He snarls. "If course I am! I love her!" I state, throwing my hands in the air. "She's so young....." He mumbles. "Ghastly you were 16-" "Ay! we're not bringing me into this!" He blushes, embarrassed. "She wants this just as much as I do!" I state, frustrated. He glares at me. "How do you know?" He asked. I rub the back of my neck, embarrassed. "Wellll... When Tanith walked in, that's kinda where it was leading...." I trailed off, at his shocked expression. "Really?! With everyone in the house!" He states, not believing it. "We kinda forgot..." I mumble, sitting back down. He stares at me for a second, before his eyes soften. "I just want you to be happy, and I want val to be to. Just don't make her do anything", he sighs, giving in. I immediately relax. "Thanks ghastly", I sigh. He grunts walking upstairs to get Tanith. I grin at the thought of him and Tanith. "So, when are you going to tell Tanith?" I yell, deliberately making it so Tanith could hear. He whips his head to me. "SHHH!!" He whisper- yells. I chuckle at his bewildered and blushing form.

*Val POV*
"So, when are you going to tell Tanith?" I hear skul yell. We stop our giggling to listen in. But nothing happens. "Tell me what?" Tanith mutters, confused. "Tanith, do you think he would?...." I ask, blushing. She turns back to me, grinning. "Oh, I know he would!" She giggles. I laugh back, but I'm interrupted by ghastly. "Hey, Tanith I've gotta drop you back at the sanctuary..." He trails off, looking into her eyes. She blushes before nodding. "Okay, bye val!" She winks at me, and I blush. Ghastly seems to know what we're talking about as he frowns. He smiles at me before walking out the door with Tanith.