Chapter 37

3years later
*Val POV*
The car trip was tense, as I tried to stop the tears escaping my eyes. We pulled up outside the sanctuary Skul slamming the door, storming inside. I stayed in the car, sobs wracking my body. Dexter and Saracen came out, seeing skuls state. Their eyes made contact with me as they rushed forward. They ripped open the Bentley door, dropping beside me. "Val! What happened!?" Saracen asks, creasing his eyebrows. "Ja-Jack heard us fighting and he ran away!" I sob, as their faces pale. "Skuls telling everyone now... He doesn't want me around him..." I sob, seeing their faces twist in anger. "Why not?!" Dexter snaps, worried. "I don't know why! We were fine all day until... Until he started twitching... I asked if he was alright, and he got mad. I told him to calm down but he started swearing at me! I started crying as Jack saw me. He tried to hug me, but Skul whirled on him! He got scared and ran out the front door. Skul stumbled, but ran after him... He didn't catch him. He yelled at me to get In the Bentley. Then we came here..." I sobbed, and their eyes were clouded with anger. "Come on, we'll get you to Tanith" Saracen mumbles, helping me up. He puts a hand around my shoulder, trying not to get to angry. Dexter on the other hand, is digging his nails into his palms. Saracen leads me inside, leading me straight to the corridor containing the dead men. Skul was yelling something at ghastly, as dexter stormed up to him. "What the fuck did you do!?!" He roared, shoving Skul against be wall. Anton pulled on dexters shoulders, stopping him from hitting Skul as skulduggery bends down. And starts dry heaving. I run forward, dropping down beside him, as he starts to spasm. "What's going on??!" Erskine screams, attracting everyone in the sanctuarys attention. I sob, trying to calm him. "Ghastly you stay and help! Go and find Jack!" I ordered, getting worried nods from the dead men as they all raced out. Skul shakes, as he reaches for my hand. Then he stops moving.