Chapter 9

*Val POV*
As soon as we opened the door, everyone's eyes were on us. All the Dead Men were here. Along with Tanith, the Monster Hunters and a bunch of our other friends. Ghastly slowly got up from next to Erskine at the head of the table and walked to us. He stood in front of us, arms crossed, glaring at us. "Care to explain ?" He growled. Me and Skul glanced at each other. We heard a few sniggers and giggles from the rest of the meeting people. "Nope" Skul chirped, trying to push past ghastly. Unfortunately, ghastly, grabbed hold of Skulduggerys suit, pushing him back next to me. "Nice try" I muttered under my breath, punching his arm. "What were you doing on the phone call?!" He snapped. I heard a full blown laugh escape from Dexter and Saracen, and soon they fell on the floor laughing. "You really want to know?" Skulduggery asked, deadly calm. Ghastly seemed to faulted for a second before nodding. I face palmed as I saw what skulduggery did next. He leaned in and whispered something in Ghastlys ear. I saw Ghastlys shocked face, as he glared at skulduggery. "You asked!" Skulduggery smirked, before takin my hand and sitting down. I saw ghastly stand there in shock before, stuttering. "Uhh..... I.... Umm...." He stuttered before sitting down. The room burst into giggles at Ghastlys bewildered expression. Tanith sat next to me. She winked at me, nudging me with her elbow. "How was it?"she whispered, grinning. I blushed. "I'm not talking about my sex life!" I whisper-yelled, shocked. I heard Anton snigger next to Tanith and I realised he probably heard me. Tanith snorted, laughing. I blushed even redder, but calmed down when skulduggery grabbed my hand underneath the table. I looked at him and smiled. "Anyways , even though that was extremely entertaining, and probably made my boring day, we have a meeting to discuss" Erskine explained. I heard a few groans and complaints, and more sniggers about the phone call. "Okay, we have another threat on our hands. The sensitives have picked up another world breaker, except in the visions, she succeeds...." Erskine trails off as the room goes into worried whispers. "Her name is Darquesse. She can supposedly kill everyone and can pretty much do anything." Erskine sighed. I paled, feeling sick. Skulduggery squeezed my hand. "I'm sure, our duo detectives can save the day, after all, they have killed gods!" Erskine laughed. The room all cheered but I stayed silent. So they know about me. This means I'm coming out soon... Darquesse teased. I started to have struggles breathing, and started crying. The room turned to me as Skul helped me up, quickly taking me outside. "Shhhh.... It's ok... I'm here..." He cooed. I cried into his chest, soaking his suit. "She's going to her out!" I cried. "Only if you let her! I know your strong! I know you can hold her back! I know this because I love you." He murmured, kissing me. I sighed, finally calmed down. "Do we have to go back in?" I pouted. He chuckled but shook his head. "Not if you don't want to" he said, hugging me close. "Come on, let's go to the cafe!" He chirped. I giggled at his cuteness, but nodded agreeing.