Chapter 41

*Val POV*
"For how long?..." I murmured, anxious. "Just a few weeks... It'll make everything better. It'll block Vile." He replied, sighing. I nod, fighting back tears. "I'll miss you." I mumble, as he activates his facade, kissing my forehead. "I'll miss you to. I love you" he murmured. I smiled through the tears cascading down my face, and nodded. "I love you too." I stated, hugging him. He sighed, pulling away. "Jack? Come here for a minute" Skul called, making Jack run over. We were currently outside the sanctuary a car waiting for Skul to catch his private flight. Thank gosh the sanctuary had paid for him. The dead men, me and tnai were all outside the sanctuary, saying goodbye to Skul. We had just had a few private moments. Jack came running over, from talking to Anton. "Daddy's going to be gone for a few weeks, okay? I want you to take good care of mummy, can you do that?" Skul mumbles, kneeling to jacks height. Jack nods, frowning. "I'll miss you daddy." He states, making Skul sag a bit. "I'll miss you to buddy, come here." Skul murmured as Jack started crying. He enveloped Jack in a hug, but soon ghastly walked over. "We have to get going..." He frowned, smiling at me to reassure me. Skul nodded, reluctantly pulling away from Jack. He bid goodbye to everyone else, getting in ghastly's van, on the way to the airport. Jack grabbed my hand as he waved goodbye with his skeleton one. Soon enough, his car was out of view, and I was trying in vain to wipe my tears away.

I slowly got in the Bentley, Jack getting in silently beside me. I knew he was babbling on, but I couldn't seem to focus. My thoughts were swirling with bad things and words that cut like knifes. "Mummy?" A voice yelled, snapping me out of my daze. "Yes?" I mumbled, forcing a smile onto my face. "Are you okay?" Jack asked, his eyebrows creasing. I nodded, pulling the Bentley into our driveway. "Come on, I'll make you pizza tonight!" I smiled, making Jack giggle, running inside.