Chapter 33

The touch of your hand says you'll catch me every time I'll fall

___________

The sound that came out from him, a heartbreaking wail, nearly tore Taehyung in half and engraved itself in his mind.

As he was forced to watch him break.

Before his very eyes, his strong, living, breathing, wildfire of a cub crumbled in front of him.

He was sobbing.

He was screaming his pain out.

He was absolutely uncontrollable.

Every single sound of pain that left Jungkook's mouth just made Taehyung dizzier than he already was.

His head spun in the overwhelming emotions he was feeling, anger, concern, fear, the relief.

Concern filled with the previous panic outweighing everything else.

How much he had begged to never come across this sight before and here they were.

His cub was crying in his arms, and slowly destroying his heart at every sob that left his lips.

Those tears that dropped from Jungkook's eyes onto his neck felt like acid falling over him, it burned him from the inside out.

He didn't know what had happened, all he knew was that someone was going to die today.

And he was gonna make sure, they paid for every tear Jungkook shed.

Because there was no way Jungkook was crying right now because Taehyung hid the truth from him.

Something else had happened. He could see it in those dark red bruises around Jungkook's neck, he could see it in those scratch marks over Jungkook's wrist.

Someone fucked up.

Someone had dared to put their filthy fucking hands on his prince.

And even if it wasn't actually a law, it would have still been a crime in his eyes.

But it was, and he was gonna make sure to carry out the punishment himself.

Taehyung gently leaned down and picked Jungkook up who was so out of it that he didn't even wrap his legs around Taehyung's waist. His legs dangled in the air.

Taehyung walked them back to the car, and sat on the driving seat with Jungkook still over him.

He drove to the sideway and parked his car somewhere other than the middle of the street.

He then pulled out and then sat them both in the back seat. All this while Jungkook had no care in the world. He simply wailed his heart out.