Chapter 20

"WHAT? NO, NO WAY NO!" Mrs Lee screeched at her husband as she stood up and would have almost stumbled if it weren't for Daniel who held her in time.

She looked up at the guy who helped up and froze for a few seconds, in an instant she forgot everything else and just stared at Daniel's face.

Daniel's arm that was around her waist was slowly getting numb so he quickly pulled her up and helped her stand straight. He felt weird by the way she was staring at him.

Suddenly she held his hand and pulled him closer, making his eyes widen in shock,
"Thank you." She whispered to him looking him in the eye with a weird look on her face.

Daniel had never felt so uncomfortable in his life before, he let go of her hand and moved back a few steps before going straight towards Jungkook and standing behind him, completely disgusted.

He didn't like the way the lady held his hand. It was an uncomfortable touch, even if it wasn't indecent or anything, it felt wrong.

Jungkook glared at the lady who didn't even spare him a glance before turning back to her husband. Taehyung silently watched the interaction.

"Honey, look at me, you're Lee Ji-ho, and am Tae-hi, your wife, you remember me right? Please say you're joking, this isn't funny!" She said holding his hand but he was so confused he pulled his hand away.

"Let go, I don't know who you are!" He said loudly and looked around at everyone.

"What's going on doctor?" The king asked the doctor Hoseok who turned to him and bowed again.

"Your majesty, Mr. Lee was hit on the back of his head, but there can be side effects since the wound is right on his head. It is very unusual and rare as well but memory loss is one of the effects that are possible. I checked him earlier and his wound didn't seem too deep, so it isn't life-threatening, that's all I can say for now. It is possible that this is a short-term effect and that he might get his memory back, for now, if you want to know the real cause we can do an MRI scan as well." Hoseok finished but flinched when the lady in the room appeared in front of him.

"No, my husband is really claustrophobic, he won't be able to handle that." She said desperately and everyone could see she was not lying by the way Lee Ji Ho crawled back on the bed when the MRI was mentioned.

The king nodded and said,
"I see, what do you suggest doctor?"

"I suppose we wait for a week, if there are no improvements then I shall look for another option," Hoseok concluded and the king nodded.

"Thank you Hoseok." The king said and Hoseok immediately went on one knee.

"I am always at your service Your Majesty," Hoseok said and the king nodded. With that Hoseok left the room after taking permission.

Once again Mr. Lee's gaze went to Jungkook and he just kept staring at him. Jungkook was so amused by this whole situation that he kept staring back with a small smile.

Taehyung raised an eyebrow at the man, he slowly went and stood in front of Jungkook blocking the man's gaze who was forced to look at him now.

"I believe Mr. Lee needs to rest now, then shall we, Your Majesty?" Taehyung asked the king without moving from in front of Jungkook.

"Of course, please notify me if there is any change Mrs. Lee." The king said and turned around to exit along with the others.

"What happens now, father? No punishment for me then?" Jungkook asked the king boldly.

Taehyung's heartbeat increased upon hearing that, but since he had told the king everything he felt relief that at least Jungkook won't be punished.

"For now, nothing is going to happen and no one will speak about this. Also don't you dare say a word Jungkook to them about this, I am warning you, whatever you're planning, drop it!" The king said sternly and Jungkook made a displeased face.