Chapter 26

17 years ago

A 5-year-old Jungkook happily skipped to his room after having dinner with his father along with his favourite nanny Mrs. Kang.

"Slow down prince, you'll fall." She said loudly after him trying to catch up with the little human hopping like a bunny.

"No, I won't," Jungkook replied over his shoulder, and just as he said that he slipped over the slippery floor falling on his bum.

Mrs. Kang gasped and ran over to him but just as she approached him kneeling down, he looked up at her and burst into cute giggles,
"Sorry Nanny Kookie fell." He said keeping his tiny hands over his mouth, in between his giggles.

Mrs. Kang shook her head giving him a big smile and pulled him to stand up again. She dusted all the dust off and this time held his hand tightly as they walked back to his room.

Jungkook walked inside and ran full speed to the bed before he jumped straight over it cuddling with the soft pillows his nanny had set for him.

His favourite Mickey Mouse plushie was there too, he hugged him close to his chest as he waited for his Nanny to sit.

She took a chair and sat down beside his bed. She pulled his blanket up and picked up a storybook.

With that, she proceeded to read Jungkook's favourite book about James, the wanderer. It was a book about a painter who wanted to travel around the world and paint every single historical monument to be ever built.

He loved that book, so he asked his nanny to read the same story every single day. He felt so comforted by that story alone, that it was enough to lull him to sleep.

And just like every day, only two pages in and he had already fallen into deep sleep.

Mrs. Kang ruffled his hair, kissed his forehead mumbling a prayer before she turned off the lights and very slowly without making any noise, she left the prince to sleep.
________

Jungkook's POV

It's the morning!

But something's wrong!

My eyes won't open!

Why won't they open?

Am scared.

It's hard to breathe too.

Too little air.

Nanny, Kookie's scared.

"Tick tock goes the clock,

And all the years they fly,"

Who is it?

Who is singing?

Why can't I move?

I don't like this!

Where is Nanny?

"Tick tock and all too soon,

You and I must die."

No!

Dad! Nanny! Anyone!

Please Kookie's scared!

Please, Nanny.

"Please hush...my child...

There... the moon is full,"

I hate this! I don't like this.

Stop!

"Like the head of a scary giant,