Chapter 2

Jungkook's age: 19
Taehyung's age: 21
_________

"But why?" Jungkook whined sniffing and then rubbing his nose, while holding onto Taehyung's arm and swinging it to and forth who was standing in front of him. Taehyung wrapped the blanket tightly around him like a burrito when he sneezed.

"Because am your guard, it's against the rules!" Taehyung said gently sitting beside Jungkook in Taehyung's room. He gave Jungkook more tissues to clean his nose since Jungkook was feeling ill.

It had started in the morning when Taehyung found Jungkook sitting on his bed sneezing. He was quick to pick Jungkook up and then carry him to his own room for the medicines.

"Caveman!" Jungkook had called him for just picking him up like that. But Taehyung is always like that, so touchy but it's not like Jungkook minds it. He loves the pampering, even if it comes with a stone face. Infact he is the only person Jungkook won't mind touching him.

"But I like you! I can talk to father." Jungkook said but Taehyung just shook his head as he stood up and got Jungkook some medicines along with a glass of water from his closet.

"So you're rejecting me?" Jungkook gasped out dramatically and stood up without taking the medicines, the blanket discarded on the floor.

He was actually not expecting Taehyung to actually reject him. He knew for a fact that Taehyung reciprocated his feelings, so it pinched him to hear Taehyung saying no to his confession.

Taehyung looked at him softly feeling his heart tugging at the sad expression of his prince. He always makes sure not to let his prince feel sad ever, but this time it's the one thing that's not in his control.

He sighed running a hand through his hair,
"I don't want to put the king in such a situation. It's not possible Jungkook, Now come here and have your medicine!" He said a bit sternly but Jungkook was already messing up his room.

Throwing away all the pillows and the blanket on the floor. Taehyung tried to go closer to him but Jungkook just kept hopping from one spot to the other, and then he without saying anything just ran out of the room in anger.

Taehyung groaned as he went to pick up all the pillows and blankets and kept them back over the bed. He looked at the plate of food that was kept untouched over the bedside table.

Jungkook forgot to eat his food too,
"Fuck." He cursed feeling slight irritation at this habit of Jungkook of forgetting to have his meals. And it would just be worse since he was even sick.

He left without even taking his medicines, making Taehyung just worry more. It's weird how Jungkook gets cold really easily and he worries that he might get a fever.

He still doesn't understand how it happens because every day he makes sure Jungkook is fully covered and doesn't get cold, so it's really concerning how he gets cold every two months like an annoying schedule.

Focussing back to the present situation, Jungkook confessed to him. And then he so stupidly rejected him. Well, he had his reasons but it feels so wrong to do that.

It's not that he doesn't feel the same way, he does, he just feels like he betrayed his king in a way, a king who had trusted him with his son's security and look what he did.

He feels like he is stuck and there's nothing he can do. He can't hurt Jungkook but at the same time, he can't betray his own kingdom.

He just hopes Jungkook changes his mind.

If only he knew.
_________
Taehyung was getting worried now, Jungkook was nowhere to be found. He had looked almost all around the palace but to no luck.