Prologue: I choose him.

Jungkook's age: 16
Taehyung's age: 18
_________

"Look, it's the motherless weirdo."

"I wonder how his Dad even tolerates him, he clearly is a burden."

"I know right, I bet he even beats him up at home for that."

"Exactly, so he clearly won't mind this right?"

"Right."
.
.
Sitting under the stairs of his high school, hiding from the crowd, not because he was scared but because he was so tired, Jungkook just stared at the front where a trail of ants was, walking in a straight line with small pieces of food in their hands.

But his focus wasn't on those ants who were working, his attention was all focused on the ant at the last who had a leg missing and was not holding any food.

His mind repeating the words of his bullies on repeat all the while his mouth was repeating some different words.

"Unhelpful, isn't he?" He asked to no one in particular as he saw how the handicapped ant was getting far behind his group slowly.

His eyes watching the trail of ants as if trying to locate the ant's mother,
"You don't want him either."

"Useless." He said to the ant that just stopped at one place and watched as his group disappeared from its sight.

"Not really." Came a second voice and Jungkook was startled as he looked up from where he was sitting on the floor, up at the guy who just walked there, picked up the ant on his finger and then dropped him right in front of the trail of ants.

Jungkook watched as the ants of the trail that now were behind him started walking to his pace so as to not break the trail. So this way, the handicapped ant couldn't be left behind.

Jungkook watched as the guy came back to him and then kneeled in front of him.

He stared back at the guy with a blank expression on his face,
"Remember me?" The guy asked in a slightly gruff voice raising a hot eyebrow up.

Jungkook tilted his head, Of course he remembered him.

Kim Taehyung.

A straight-A student, with amazing academic as well as physical sports skills.

And the only guy in his entire school who looked back at him without even blinking. Everyone else just ignored his presence like it was never there.

But not this guy, this guy stared back dead on at Jungkook until he himself used to get flustered and drop his gaze. He swore he even saw the guy smirk because of it once.

And that's why Jungkook remembered him more than he even remembered a single person's name in his entire class.

Taehyung was not the type of person who got too involved with other people too much, he hardly had any friends and left as soon as school ended because he had part-time, he worked really hard.

Jungkook knew for a fact, that the man wanted with everything in him to work hard and earn respect. That was all he ever wanted, it was his motto in life. He sees them in those dark orbs.

The guy was a senior of course, in his last year of high school. He was right now in his martial arts uniform and he would definitely be lying if he said the guy didn't look sexy in it, the small amount of tanned skin in the chest area visible through it was proof of it.

With his strong build and hard face and not to forget that slightly gruff voice. The voice was something he had never heard before. It was so different than any voice he had ever heard. It sent electric zaps down to his toes.