Chapter 15

It happened right in front of his eyes, his body froze as he stared at the scene happening in front of him.

"No no no." He saw the lady aiming her gun at him, he pushed his best friend aside and tried so hard to run towards him, but he couldn't, because his best friend knew him better.

Daniel held his hand at the exact moment he could have reached there, and then the gun went off.

"NO!" Taehyung roared just as the bullet hit Jin and he groaned loudly in pain, collapsing to the ground, immediately holding his stomach that turned bloody too soon.

Jungkook blinked once twice, rubbed his eyes and tried everything to remove the scene from his sight but it didn't disappear because it was real, it was happening.

His breathing ceased, just as Daniel loosened his hold on him and everybody ran towards Jin.

Namjoon being the first person who reached his prince the second he collapsed,
"No no fuck!" He said hysterically as he collected an almost unconscious Jin in his arms and didn't waste a second before running towards the castle infirmary with Hoseok right behind him.

Everyone ran after him, the guards had already taken the traitors to the prison wing.

Taehyung didn't follow them, he believed Jin would be fine, and his first priority would always be Jungkook.

He looked around and caught his boyfriend standing right there in his spot, hands frozen halfway up in the air, face so pale it was almost white, eyes wide open staring at the place that still had all of Jin's blood on the floor.

Taehyung ran towards him sensing that something was wrong, he turned Jungkook towards him and cupped his face,
"Cub?" He called out but Jungkook didn't reply.

He was stuck in his own head,
"Look at me!" Taehyung urged rubbing his thumbs over the soft cheeks.

Jungkook did not. He kept staring at Taehyung's chest while breathing almost no air. His chest was almost not moving.

Taehyung turned his head up,
"Baby, he's gonna be fine. You hear me?" He said very gently as Jungkook's wide eyes found his.

Jungkook opened his mouth to reply but only choking sounds escaped his mouth.

"T-tae.." He couldn't speak he was lost. His mind just kept replaying the sight of his own cousin lying in a pool of blood.

"Yes am right here, Prince Jin will be fine. Now come on, take some deep breaths for me. Please cub, am you're worrying me." Taehyung said softly putting a hand over Jungkook's chest just like always and moving it up and down making Jungkook follow the pattern of his hands to breathe.

Up, inhale.

Down, exhale.

They did this for a few minutes until Jungkook's breathing was slightly better, then Taehyung pulled him close to his chest breathing in his scent and calming his own raging heart.

As soon as Jungkook got a whiff of his comforting scent, he was quick to dive in and nuzzle over the soft fabric of his shirt.

"You're okay, you're okay, I'll make everything right, I promise," Taehyung whispered to his ear hugging him close to himself as if cradling a baby.

Jungkook believed every word he said, he knew for a fact that if someone could make it right, it would be his knight.

Taehyung held him tightly and walked them back to their room but in the middle of the way Jungkook pulled back,
"I wanna s-see him." He whispered, his voice hoarse and eyes filled with desperation.