Chapter twenty-seven

Jay POV

I went back home and went to the living room and sat next to my mother. My mom looked at me. "So you won't tell me who you love?" I scoffed. "I don't love her.. ." I mumbled and looked at my hands. She caressed my back. "Son, it's no use to lie to yourself. We both know that you love her and what if she loves you too?. Did you tell Annie?" My mom asked. I looked at her with a shocked expression and widened my eyes. "Eomma.. how did you kno - .. it's not her!" I quickly tried to change what I was about to say. She just chuckeld. "Oh boy, you're my son. I just have to look at you, and I know what you're thinking. No, but you guys were quite obvious, and I saw you a few times climbing up and down her window." I didn't know what to say. "I-it's not what you're thinking. It's just... " I exhaled. She grabbed my hand. "Just talk to her. I bet she loves you too. If she didn't, she wouldn't let you climb up her room." She giggled. I looked at her with a flustered face. "Mom!" We heard the doorbell ringing. I got up and opened the door and saw Annie. I was about to say her name, but she came in and started to hit me on my chest and started complaining. "You really piss me off, Jay-ah! Who do you think you are, huh? You can't just ignore my messages and calls because of whatever reason, but if you feel like talking to me again, you come back to -" she had tears in her eyes and saw my mom. She looked down. "Hey, Aunty." She mumbled. She smiled at her. "Hi, sweetheart. I'm in my room if you need anything, you know where I am." and went to her room.

I grabbed her hand and went to my room. "Princess.." she let go of my hand. "Don't princess me. I was really worried and thought something happened to you, and here you are, standing in front of me pretending as if nothing happened." I exhaled. "I think it's better if we stop what we're doing." She looked at me with a questionable expression. "W-what why?" I showed her my cold side so she won't notice my feelings for her. "What do you mean why? I just had my fun, and you lost your first time. That's it." She chuckled. "Jay-ah, stop lying." She grabbed my hand. "You know you can talk to me if you have any problem." I pushed her hand away and chuckled. "Are you that desperate to be with me? Didn't you have enough? You want some more?. Alright." I took off my shirt and pulled her closer and started kissing her jaw and neck. I put my hand on her waist and put my other hand under her shirt. She tried to push me away. I gave her a few hickeys. She moaned and closed her eyes. "Jay, stop!" I smirked. "Why, your body is telling me otherwise." I bent her over my table. I didn't do anything more because I didn't want to force her to something she didn't want. She pushed me away and slapped me in my face. I looked at her and smirked. "What? Isn't it what you wanted?"

She looked at me with tears in her eyes. "I hate you so much! I don't want to see you ever again." She left my room and went back home. I exhaled and ran my hand through my hair. "It's better if she hates me." I mumbled to myself. I put my shirt back on and went to my mother. "Mom, I'm being serious right now. The things between me and Annie.. please don't mention it anymore. It's officially done. I mean, we were never really officially together, but whatever we had It's over." She looked at me and nodded. "If you guys are truly meant for each other, you will find your ways back together." I just nodded. She opened her arms. "You want a hug?" I didn't say anything, hugged her, and a tear rolled down my face. She caressed my head. "Jongseong-ah, all I can say is no matter what's going on. Fight for each other! Don't lose hope." I didn't say anything and closed my eyes.

After Annie left 5 minutes later, I heard my door ringing and someone knocking on it. I exhaled and got up. I opened the door and saw Heeseung. I looked at him a little confused. "What are you doing here, hyung?" He pushed me to the side and came in. "I didn't know that you were such a coward. What is it that is stopping you from telling her that you love her, huh?" I knew damn well what he's talking about, but I pretend like I know nothing. "What are you talking about?" He chuckeld and scoffed. "Jay, you can maybe lie to yourself, but you can't lie to me. I know that you truly love her, and I know it didn't happen recently. You've always liked her, but you just didn't want to admit." I scoffed. "I don't love her. I don't know what the hell she told you, but I don't have any feelings for her." Heeseung raised an eyebrow. "Oh yeah? So you wouldn't mind if some dude comes and hits her up? You wouldn't mind if she gets a boyfriend? You wouldn't mind if her boyfriend touches and kisses her?" I clenched my jaw and looked at him. "No, I wouldn't mind! Who am I? She can do whatever she wants to." I said with gritted teeth. Heeseung just laughed and clapped. "You're such a bad fucking liar. What is it that you're so scared of, huh?" I shook my head. "I'm not scared of anything."

"You're lying because the Jay I know would never ever hurt someone who he loves. Either you're scared or you're trying to protect her -.." Heeseung gasped. "Don't tell me you're protecting her from Boss.." He whispered. He knew about my other job I had. I bit my lip and didn't look at him. "Jay... what did he say?" I shook my head. "It's not because of Boss. I really don't love her." I tried to convince him or more rather myself. Heeseung rolled his eyes. "Even a blind person can tell that you love her." I scoffed. "Okay, and what if I lover her? It won't change the fact that it's dangerous for her even if she's with me as friends." He frowned a little. "So you break her heart and make her cry instead of telling her the truth?" I widened my eyes. "Are you out of your mind? Telling her the truth? She should rather hate me instead of telling her about the bad stuff I did or have to do. It's too dangerous." Heeseung exhaled and looked at me. "Isn't there any chance to be with her? Telling her the truth that you dumb ass love her?" I shook my head. "There is none hyung.."

"Do you know how much she's crying? We never ever in 17 years saw her like this before. Do you know what it means?" Heeseung asked me. I just shook my head. "That she loves you too." I widened my eyes. "No way.. " I mumbled. I had tears in my eyes and bit my lip. "Hyung, don't say something you don't know or it's not true.. why would she?" He got a little mad. "Are you stupid?! Why should I lie about something like that? She fucking loves you too! Clearly, everyone can see it except you two." Tears rolled down my face. "But I can't be with her! Why don't you understand. She should rather hate me for the rest of her life instead of me making her life a living hell. " I shouted and started sobbing. Heeseung widened his eyes. "Jay.. " He quickly hugged me and tried to calm me down. "Don't worry about it, hm? I'm here. Yeah, we'll find a solution." I hugged him tighter and cried. After a few minutes, I calmed down and wiped my tears away. "If you tell anyone about it, I will kill you with my own hands." Heeseung just chuckeld. "Yeah, yeah, lover boy. Who thought that the bad boy would fall in love with someone."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note

Hello everyone, I hope yall like this chapter. What do you guys think? Will Jay ever confess to Annie? Will they ever be together?