Chapter three

Jay POV

I turned around and looked at her for the last time before jumping down the window. I saw her flustered face. I smirked. I jumped down and hurt my leg a little, but it was nothing compared to the injuries I used to have when I fought.

I was walking home and thinking about how to get her back. I wasn't really going to tell Mike shit. I don't really care who she likes or what she's going to do. I was just messing with her. I got home, unlocked the door, and went straight to my bedroom. I changed into my pyjama, which was just a sweatpant and a shirt.

I was just about to lay down when my mother came into my room with a photo album. "Look, Jay, it's your and Aerin's baby pictures. You guys were so cute." She said and sat down next to me. She showed me a picture of us. "Look, you both were taking a bath together because she didn't want to bathe alone," she giggled.

I looked at my mother and smiled. "You do really like Annie, huh?" I chuckled lightly. She nodded. "Of course, she's like a daughter to me. She's very kind and helpful. I scoffed. "Kind my ass," I mumbled. "She's not nice at all! Do you know what she recently did?!. She put a hole on my bike's tyre!. She can really be glad that she's a girl otherwise I would've had beaten the sh- " my mother cut me off. "Okay, no cursing here!. I have to admit what she did wasn't nice but trust me, one day you will miss all the teasing and fights if she moves away because she finds someone she loves or because of her studies."

I just rolled my eyes and laughed. "As if she'll ever get a boyfriend. But mom!" I whined. "I'm your only son. Why do you love her more?." I pouted. She just laughed and hugged me and patted my head. "I will always love you no matter what happens. Don't forget that, okay?. But I bet Aerin's mom loves you the same as I love Aerin." She giggled. "I'm so grateful that we got pregnant together. We always talked about how amazing it would be if we would get pregnant at the same time and look now. She got a lovely daughter, and I got a lovely son." She smiled

I just got the perfect idea how I'm going to pay her back. I smirked. "Mom, can I have the photo album. I want to show Aerin our pictures together." She nodded and gave me the Photo album and got up. "It's getting late. You should go to sleep." I nodded. "Good night." I gave her a kiss in her cheek and had to think immediately of Aerin and her flustered face when I kissed her on the cheek. I just shook my head and pulled out the pictures of Aerin from the album, and I took a picture of it with my phone and printed it out.

I texted Aerin, 'I wish you a very good night, Princess 😚' and went to the bathroom, brushed my teeth, and went to sleep.