Chapter 59: Be Without Fear in the Face of your Enemies

Two days after Nicholas's meeting with the Subordinates, the Royal Palace

The 9th Noble Council has been called by Nicholas in an emergency situation, all Nobles attended to see who lives, and who perished in the unprovoked attack by the World Government. Noah, who was treated and discharged, was leading the meeting as the Heir to the Throne.

As soon as Noah entered the Throne room, every nobleman stood up in respect as he passed by them to his seat. His seat was below the stairs leading to the throne, indicating he is not yet King."Good afternoon to you all Nobles, I thank you sincerely for accepting the request for a Council meeting in these hard times."

The Duke of Kalliopollis stood up."We all have been affected by this attack, but we prevailed, and those who couldn't, we will avenge him, I swear it!"

"He is right!" One nobleman said.

"We need to avenge the people!" Another said.

"This is a clear declaration of war from the World Government, we need to act accordingly!" The Duke of Antalya said with a booming voice.

"Silence!" Nicholas's voice boomed across them all before an argument was to break out. The Council was inevitably split into two before this Council was even declared. There are nobles who are pursuing peace, and those who are demanding war. The Public wasn't even silent, protests calling for a declaration of war was skyrocketing, with the People's representatives even advocating for war, and donating to the Military from their treasury. The people have started to donate all valuables like gold, silver, pearls and such to raise the Funds for war.

"This meeting will have respect to the Royal Heir, who is leading this Sacred Council, should any of you speak without respect, I will personally cut his head off!" Nicholas shouted with threats as he gripped his sword."I will explain the current situation now, should his Excellency the Royal Heir Prince Noah allow it." He bowed to the Prince.

Noah raised his hand, gesturing for him to begin."Please begin."

Nicholas nodded as he started to look at the Council."The situation is dire, not ever since the great recession in during the 70s did this situation looked ever so dire. The Avisian Noble house has mostly been eradicated, with the exception of the newly appointed Duke, Uriel Avisia, the last member of the Avisian Noble House. Lykrakia's population was wiped out by 40% percent, reducing it from 38,532 individuals living there to a population of 23,119. A district was reported to have a huge part of the casualties in Lykrakia impaled by wooden stakes, which is due to a Uddo Uddo no Mi, which has the ability to transform the user into a wood man, and can manipulate it at will."

Bickering could be heard between the nobles, which left Nicholas sighing."Anyways, casualties are nearing the numbers  of seventy three thousand, and the injured are in the three hundred thousands. All medical experts are being deployed around the nation, even college students are being put to work. The Number of CP-0 agents that attacked the Kingdom are... 1,536 Agents. They were deployed in almost every major region of the Kingdom, and thanks to the Aegean Shadow Agency, they were able to deter most of them, minimizing the casualty rate by estimated 80%."

"This is utterly ridiculous!" The Duke of Antalya exclaims."The CP-0 was reported to be powerful, for the Five Elders to send them all, they must be crazy to this act!"

"This is merely the beginning." Nicholas states with a blank expression."The Leader of Lulusia was assassinated in the summit, and the people of Lulusia have expressed their willingness to bury the First General Secretary of the Communist Republic of Lulusia, Antoni Paluch, to be buried here with the highest honors an Aegean can have, which is suggested by us."