Chapter 56: The Border Defense Battle Pt.1

South eastern Alliance Border near Ryugan-Aegean Military Base, a few minutes before the battle in Tyros begun

The Joint Military Base is one of the things the Alliance suggested to deepen the relations between all nations participating in the Alliance. By revolving the Military forces every 6 Months, it would introduce the people to other cultural traits and people, as this would directly improve relations between the people of the Alliance.

The Soldiers were performing their duties, from patrolling to training to building faculties. The Base was still considerably new, but due to the modern equipment and the fishmen physiques it was going to be finished before the specified time. Calico Hornigold, a Blue Marlin Fishmen was appointed and promoted by the High King of Ryugu, the Underwater metropolis, to overseer the Joint Military base with their Aegean friends, he was enjoying it so far, learning from Alexander Karas more about Naval Warfare, strategies, and Human life in Aegea. He even spoke about his wife and soon to be born child, who was currently residing in the old luxury Palace district in Tyros. In return Calico told him about his Lover, whom he wishes to propose to soon enough when he returns to the Ryugu Kingdom. A truly inspiring love story.

But soon Alexander spoke about something."I know this.. Information is not in Ryugu's hand now but.. When we actually revealed Crocodile's true face we didn't kill him."

"What? I believed he was killed? Is he not?" Asked Calico as he poured whiskey to Alexander.

Alexander nodded his head in appreciation as he took a sip of the whiskey, then spoke up."We recruited him in the new Nexus Mercenary Guild, he is the current head of it, and is managing it to perfection till we decide to reveal it to the world, we are even trying to recruit Doflamingo, but I do not know what his Majesty is currently working on to recruit him, perhaps he will let Dressarosa become a fully pledged member, perhaps not."

"Well... That is unexpected." Calico said with a shrug as he downed a cup of whiskey, it was his 11th shot.'A shame I can't get drunk.'

"If you are not thinking deeply about it, then you have no qualms about two notorious warlords joining Aegea?" Said Alexander.

"Eh, we need the most power we can get, I believe the World will be in the state of war soon, considering the tight rope of peace holding the world together, but aren't we in danger?"

"Hm?"

"Kaido and Big Mom are within our boundaries, and when the war between the World Government and the Nexus Alliance escalates, they will probably enter the war, but there is also another pirate making waves, they call him God Enel, captain of the so proclaimed 'God's Army'." Calico said as he looked out of the window."He is probably making his way to the New World after gathering up an army, he will most probably either pass through us in the most peaceful scenario or... Attack the Alliance."

"I heard about Enel, he has a god complex so it seems, and he destroyed a couple of nations, which earned him a large bounty of 834,135,765,000 Berries, but in the Nexus Alliance he is not a Criminal, as long as he doesn't commit any crimes, we will let him off." Alexander spoke as he poured himself another cup."This world is absolutely crazy you know?"

"I agree, anything and everything can happen." Calico said.

"No no, I mean something else.." Alexander said as Calico stares at him with curiosity visible in his face."Take a look at my Mace, I know how to use it since I was a delinquent in Thessaloniki, and now I get to use it as a weapon beside my pistol, before, melee weapons are considered the type of weapon you never use in a war unless you should, after all, all soldiers hold a rifle, not a single one holds a sword, just a knife and a bayonet for emergency uses, but now, melee training is starting to be taken to another level alongside Haki training."