Extra 5

Stuart

-----

I spent the whole night in a daze in my room. My mind tried to come to terms with what had happened. It was completely unbelievable to me. I had a mate, and she was in the room next to mine and she would have known from the moment our eyes met and she did not seem like she wanted to reject me.

I had always thought I wouldn't ever have a mate. There had never been anyone I had felt anything particular for. But I did, and she was definitely making me feel things I had never considered possible.

As I laid in bed thinking about Saida, I knew that there were a lot of things I ought to have been doing. For instance, I ought to have been preparing the ones I had picked to come with to the wolves, but I couldn't bring myself to do anything.

That thought started a whole new wave of thoughts, however. I had to leave in less than a month. It wasn't something I could just not do. We had spent so long nurturing the relationship with the wolves and finally we were getting close to the end result. There was no room for me to shrink away from my responsibilities and as the Alpha and Luna weren't familiar with the others that would be going, I had to go to make it all as smooth as possible.

But what about Saida?

Best would be if she would agree to come with, for I didn't want to be apart from her. But would she? She had already been forced to leave her home behind and come to an unfamiliar place, but here she at least had Crimson. Would she be alright to leave here and leave Crimson, to come with me and live in a wolf pack? It would all be new for me as well, let along her. It would be more reasonable for her to not want to come with than to want to.

I didn't want to have to be away from her for a prolonged period of time. I knew I would accept it, though, if that was her choice.

I had never imagined having a mate anyway, so what she wanted was more important than what I wanted.

She knocked on my door in the morning asking for food. Alair had already made known that all the preparations for the party were ready, so I brought her straight to it, after making sure she wanted to attend.

I myself had never been much for social gatherings, but Saida was excited about it and continued to be as we got there and she started chatting with the others. All were curious about her and wanted to get to know her, and she seemed a natural in that type of environment.

When Crimson and Lamech had arrived, it all became even livelier and had Saida not been there, I would have left. But instead I kept close to her as she talked to everyone, and I let her. This would be her new home, and family even if she wanted to, so it was all for the best that she got to know everyone.

On several occasions, I, however, contemplating slipping away. As it was, I mainly anyway kept in the background of Saida's conversations with others. But every time I had decided I might as well, that no one would notice if I wasn't there anymore, Saida would turn to me. She would either just smile, or talk a bit with me, or lightly take hold of my hand. It made what I would normally find to be a tedious obligation, a fun and lovely day. So I stayed close to her.

After many hours, she turned to me and told me she was getting tired. I didn't hesitate as I took her hand and led her away from there and back to her room. I wanted an excuse to stay with her, but as I was about to again ask if she wanted something to eat, she spoke.

"Do you want to come in and talk for a bit?"

"Yes," I answered and saw how her whole face lit up. She had looked happy and laughed a lot during the day, but that happiness was just a pale imitation compared to the radiant joy coming from her at that moment.