Chapter 17 Phone call

Crimson

-----

He sat on a leather chair behind a thick, wooden desk. Spread all over the desk was various papers and folders and, to my extreme surprise, a computer. The computer looked completely out of place in the room. From the ceiling hung a chandelier with actual candles instead of light bulbs. There were some very old looking paintings on the walls. A bookcase filled with books that had to be several hundred years old. There was a couch, a few armchairs, and a small table in the room as well, all of which I associated with a gothic castle. The computer looked too modern and ordinary compared to all the rest.

The vampire read some document when I walked in and he didn't look up from them.

"Crimson would like to make a phone call," Kyle said, who had followed me inside.

"Why?" he asked, still not lifting his gaze.

"I've been here for six days," I exclaimed and felt the annoyance itch at that he couldn't even do me the curtesy of looking at me.

"Point?" was all he answered.

"There's people that'll be worrying about me!"

"I don't see how that's my problem."

Kyle opened his mouth to say something, but I beat him to it. I walked over and slammed down my hands on the desk, leaning forward.

"You really are nothing but a selfish asshole! Hate me for all I care. Use me and play with me if you find that entertaining! Keep me as your prisoner, whatever! But there's someone out there that'll right now be searching everywhere, worried sick that I'm dead. Don't punish her because you want to play some sick and twisted game with me!"

He finally looked up from the papers, but to my complete disbelief, it wasn't me his eyes fell on, but Kyle.

"You can go back to your duties," he said in a neutral voice, completely unphased by my outburst.

"Yes, boss," Kyle immediately said and then tried to reach for me while adding: "I'll take you back..."

"She stays," the vampire added in an authoritative voice.

Kyle froze in his action, but then nodded. "Yes, sir." Then he left, and I was alone with the blood-sucker that still refused to look at me.

He got up from his chair and walked over to the bookshelf. I breathed heavily from anger and was on my way to yell some more when he spoke.

"What's in it for me to let you make the call?" he asked while reaching out and pulling a book from the shelf.

My mind went blank for a moment before I entered negotiation mode and offered the only thing I had to offer.

"I'll let you drink more of my blood. I won't resist it."

He laughed mockingly. "As if you have resisted the previous times. If I want your blood, I can just take it."

My mouth went drying. I wanted to argue, but knew I couldn't. In fact, my mind replayed what had happened the last time and my body reacted in anticipation for feeling that pleasure again.

He had walked to sit down again and smirked as he opened the book he had gotten. A smirk that told me that he knew the effect his words had on me.

Knowing I had nothing at all that I could offer him, I went over to pleading. Hoping that he would at least have a little bit of a heart inside of him, even though it was dead.

"Please. I have a roommate. She's like a mixture of a sister and daughter to me. Please, just let me call her and tell her that I'm alright. That's all I want to do. I won't tell her where I am or anything else. I just need to tell her to not worry. Please."