Chapter 53 Fighting

Crimson

-----

I couldn't sleep. The image of that bimbo on Lamech's lap, the same way I had been before the dinner, wouldn't leave me.

I felt stupid for having deluded myself into thinking that I was special to him. That I had let myself believe that he cared and treated me differently than anyone else. It had been so dumb.

Aideen had told me that he was a good person that had been kind and patient with her. It was obvious from the way that Kyle acted around him that Kyle held him in high regard but also saw a friend in him. I had seen for myself how he had been good-natured with the wolves and laughed at jokes he likely didn't find amusing at all.

He was kind. That was all. And that I had thought that his kindness towards me was somehow special was laughable.

But what made me feel absolutely the most stupid was that I had felt relieved when he had stopped me from rejecting him. If he hadn't talked, if he hadn't left, I would have. But I felt happy I hadn't gotten the chance and that made me feel like crap.

I couldn't stay in the bedroom any longer. Couldn't be alone with only my thoughts. I threw off the skirt-part of my clothes before leaving the bedroom. 

I hurried down the stairs and to the basement. I opened the door to the room Aideen had taken me to previously and froze.

I had been in the house for quite some time now, but I had barely seen any vampires. But there I was, faced with a room full of them. Some spared against each other, others hit boxing bags or trained fighting against one of the different machines.

No one noticed at first as I entered, but after a second or two of being frozen in place, heads started to turn. All of the vampires ceased doing what they were up to, to stare at me. From one corner I could hear a whisper so quiet that normal hearing wouldn't have picked it up: "She's the witch, right?"

I was slightly nervous as I walked in, but I held my head high. I first went to the side, where several unused boxing bags stood. Picked one of them up and walked over to a free spot to hang it. Once I had it in place, I started to hit it.

The vampires around me went back to doing what they had done before I entered, but I could feel their glances at me. And their silent mind-links to one another practically screamed at me.

You wanted to be distracted, now you properly are, I thought sarcastically to myself as I hit the bag and tried to ignore the vampires around me.

"You should know better than to lean forward like that," a familiar voice said to my right. "Even if you're just here to get rid of frustration, hit correctly. Don't be an eyesore."

I turned to see Everett looking at me with pursed lips and his arms in a cross. For a moment I wondered if he would turn hostile, but all I could read from him was attitude and nothing else.

"What does it matter to you if I hit it correctly or not?" I rolled my eyes at him.

"As I said, it's an eyesore. Makes it hard for us that are here to actually train to concentrate," he snorted.

I nodded and arranged my face to look understanding. "I see. I apologize and will make sure to do better. I can't get in the way of your training. You definitely need it."

"What did you say?" Everett snarled and took a step forward. There was a flash of anger in his eyes, but from around us I could hear muffled sniggers.

"I didn't mean for you to take offense. But based on last time, you seem like you could do with some training."