Chapter 7 Impossibly black

Lamech

-----

I suppressed a sigh as I heard a woman's voice. It had taken me long enough to find the girl, and being interrupted was such a nuisance.

I took my eyes off the girl and turned to the woman that thought she could take on a vampire. It was pathetic really, how many that thought they were smart enough to best a vampire. Very few creatures had the strength and speed that it took. Of course, I had heard the rumors that such a creature existed in London. Rumors had reached the clan of vampires going missing. But as I laid my eyes on the woman in front of me, I knew she couldn't be the one.

She was beautiful, there was no denying that. Possibly she was the most beautiful woman I had ever seen. But she had her long, thick raven hair hanging loose, so she couldn't be a proper fighter. No proper fighter had their hair loose.

She was dressed for the part, I had to admit. Black, tight clothes that seemed easy to move in. The clothes also gave me a good opportunity to appreciate her body. It was a body that I definitely wouldn't mind having fun with. She clearly worked out a lot, but she also had proper curves. Nothing like the size zeros that was the day's ideal for a woman. I had never understood that ideal. The curves on the woman in front of me was much more attractive.

Her eyes though. Her eyes were all black, as if the pupil was all that there was. A part of me registered that it made her look somewhat creepy, but I also didn't think that at all. They just intrigued me.

She was beautiful, sexy. My mind imagined her without her clothes and underneath me. I couldn't remember the last time anyone had managed to stir me in such a way and I could feel that my primal side started to take over.

But doing anything of the sort, was not a good idea.

"You should leave while you can, little girl," I said, needing her gone. I didn't notice that I took a step towards her until after it was done.

"I won't let you hurt her," she answered.

I had a moment of bewilderment over what she meant. I had completely forgotten about the girl I had just turned my back on. The beautiful creature in front of me had driven all other thoughts away.

Then I noticed the stake in her hand. Anger flashed through me.

"I do not want to hurt you, but if you attack me I will," I warned, hoping that she would turn and run away. I didn't want to have to lay a finger on her, didn't want to see her hurt, much less by my hand. But of course, I would protect myself if she attacked and then it would be inevitable that she got hurt.

"Right. You'll just kill an innocent girl."

My anger intensified. The hatred in the woman's voice was clear and I loathed hearing it there. In general, I hated the bad reputation that vampires had, but for some reason it felt even worse hearing it from her lips.

"I have no intention of killing anyone," I said to try to convince her and because I didn't want her to think badly of me.

She laughed and I almost flinched back. The deadness in her laugh was heartbreaking.

"Manipulation and lies like that might work on some, but not me."

A snarl built up inside of me, but I didn't get a chance to get it out before she attacked.

She definitely wasn't a mere human. She clearly was magical somehow considering her speed and strength. But it also didn't make sense. She wasn't any type of shifter, she didn't smell like one. And they were the most common of the creatures that could somewhat match a vampire's speed and strength. A witch, I guessed. A powerful one that somehow had cast a spell on herself.