Chapter 19 He is a monster

Crimson

-----

My body was shaking and it felt like it was on fire as the vampire left the room. To start with I felt frustration that he could leave me like that. I had been so ready to tear his clothes off. To rip my way closer to him. To have him inside of me.

But as my head started to clear a little, embarrassment started to replace the frustration and finally my emotions settled on feeling anger and disappointment towards myself. He was a vampire. He was someone I hated. He did bare responsibility for my parents' deaths. How could I so easily let him get close to me over and over again?

My anger steadily increased as my burning desire wouldn't go away. I could still feel every place his body had been pressed against me, and every single place was on fire with the need for more.

I needed to cool myself and quickly made my way to the bathroom. I stood in the shower, had cold water rain down on me, for five minutes before I started playing with myself. I touched myself, brought myself closer and closer to the edge and all the while I thought about him. His body, his hands, lips, eyes, his voice.

When I had finally had my release, I spent another long while in the shower. I felt dirty and disgusting. I had let him play with me three times now, and I had enjoyed it. I even longed for the next time.

"He's a monster," I reminded myself. "He kills without conscience and he doesn't care about you."

I repeated the same thing over and over in a desperate attempt to make every part of me aware of that fact. It didn't work though. There was still a part, stronger than I cared to admit, that wanted nothing more than to go and find him and just soak in his presence.

I got out of the shower and dressed. I felt a bit hungry again so I went for one more sandwich. I also didn't exactly have anything else to do. There wasn't anything to entertain myself with in the room and I wasn't allowed to leave it. Even if I had left it, I wouldn't have known where to go anyway. I would likely just have gotten lost in the corridors.

As I ate, I realized that I hadn't even tried to do any magic since getting there. Hopefully I could so that I could get myself a book or something from home. Anything to relieve some of my boredom.

Before I could put the idea into action though, there was a knock on the door again.

"Come in," I said and Aideen entered.

She held a plastic cup with a straw in it and looked a bit hesitant shifting on her feet.

"Hi. I was just wondering if you wanted some company," she said to the floor.

"Sure. There's not like there's much else to do here," I answered and saw how she lit up immediately.

She went over to the couch and sat down, still holding the cup. Something in the way she held it made it look like she used it as a shield. Curious as to what it might contained, I focused my sense of smell in the direction of it.

Metallic. Blood.

I did my best to keep the shock out of my face. It really shouldn't have surprised me as much as it did. She was a vampire now after all. I guessed it was because I just couldn't bring myself to view her as one. She wasn't a blood-sucking demon, but an innocent girl that had just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Its content explained why she held it in such a tight grip however. Being newly turned, she wouldn't be used to the thirst yet and likely found it somewhat difficult to be near me because of it.

"How are you holding up with... with everything?" I asked her.

"Oh, ehm," she mumbled and looked embarrassed with the ghost of a blush on her cheeks. "It's okay, I guess? A lot of it is weird. Like super weird. My senses especially. Like I can see and hear and smell everything. And it feels weird to drink..." She looked down at the cup and then back at me. "But Lamech has been great! He's been so kind and patient in explaining everything."

I scoffed and mumbled under my breath. "Since it's his fault, he'd better be."

Aideen had been taking a sip from the cup, but frowned and stopped drinking at my words.

"What do you mean? He had nothing to do with this?" she said.

So he had lied to her. Figures. He obviously wouldn't tell her that he had been the one to turn her. It was better for him to have her think he was simply her savior. But I knew, I had been there and seen when he had turned her.

"Aideen, I saw when you got bitten the first time also. You must have turned then. I saw and it was him," I said and tried to keep my voice gentle while also having it carry my conviction.

But Aideen just shook her head. "No. That wasn't Lamech. That was someone else."

"I was there Aideen. I saw it all."

"But it wasn't Lamech. I just... I just know. I didn't get to see the first vampire's face, but I just know it wasn't Lamech. And besides, Lamech would never do something like that. He isn't like that."

I felt a mixture of sadness and envy at her naivety. It would be nice, if I could feel such a blinding trust for someone, anyone. I guessed I could for Saida, but she was the only one. But generally people would always sooner or later show their ugly side. The less you expected from them, the less you would get hurt the day that happened.

"Aideen," I said firmly. "You can't trust him. He might be good towards you now, but he likely has his reasons. He is a monster after all and it'll be better for you if you see that already now."

Something flashed in Aideen's eyes and to my surprise she got up from her seat. "I've known monsters," she said coldly, "and he's not one. I think you might not see past the outside."

She then left before I could give an answer.