Not him

"Hi, Savannah," Miss Carter says when I walk it. 

"I'm gonna wait here, "Jenna says, sitting in a lobby chair.

I glance back at her as I walk to Alexander's office door and open it without knocking. He looks up at me when I walk in as he's typing on his computer.

"Hey," he says, but I don't respond. "What's the matter?" he says.

"Who is she?"

"Who?"

"Who is the woman, Alexander?" I say with my arms crossed.

"Savannah, I have no idea what you're talking about. What woman?"

I pull my phone out of my purse and open the post, showing it to him. "Her. Who is she?"

"I swear to God that's not me!" he yells. 

"It is too! That's your apartment!"

I can tell he's frustrated now and he stands, hurrying around to me. "I don't know what that picture is, but I swear I wasn't with whatever woman that is!" he says placing his hands on my shoulders.

Ripping myself from his grasp, I walk behind his desk, pull open the bottom drawer, and dig through the files.

"What are you doing?" he asks and rushes over.

"Looking for them," I say.

"Looking for what?"

I glance up at him with anger in my eyes and I pull out the file I was looking for. "These," I say and I toss the dozens of contracts onto his desk.

"What do you want me to say?" he asks.

"I want to know why you lied to me," I say.

"I didn't."

"Yes, Alexander," I say. "You did."

"How?"

"You told me you haven't had any other contracts. Lie. What other lies have there been?"

"None. I swear," he says and he starts pacing the room as he runs his hands through his hair frustratedly.

"Why should I believe you?" I say. "Give me one reason."

He stops in front of me and says, "Please, I'm sorry. I ... I didn't love them. I promise I didn't. I've only loved you."

"Ha," I laugh, cynically with an eye roll and shake my head. "You know what Alexander? Save it. I'm over it." I slide the engagement ring off my finger, set it on the desk, and say, "Goodbye."

"No," he says, grabbing my arm. "Please. I'll do anything."

"It's too late," I say, yanking my arm from his hand.

"No. It's never too late."

I nod and say, "I'm moving to California. I'm gonna be a star."

"You're gonna take my baby from me?"

I walk to the door and say, "Alexander, you took that from yourself."

"Please don't go. We're getting married. I love you."

"We were getting married. We're not now. You can marry whoever that woman was. if she was worth the time to ruin us, then she can be worth the rest of your life too."

"Savannah..." he says.

I say nothing else.

Once I leave his office, I see Jenna standing on the far wall by the elevator and I go over to her. Without saying anything, I start crying and collapse my head onto her chest.

"You okay?" she asks.

"No," I sob.

She sighs. "C'mon. We can fix this."

Crying as we step onto the elevator, I say, "No. We can't. He can't be fixed."

"Everyone can be fixed," she says. 

Sniffling, I wipe my eyes and say, "No. Not Alexander."