Obsession

After the show, I'm sitting in my dressing room brushing my hair in my bra and underwear waiting for Alexander to come, when there's a knock at the door. Assuming it's Lex, I go and open it.

"Lex..." 

"You were breathtaking," Jim Taylor says as he pushes me back and enters the dressing room, locking the door behind us. 

"Get out!" I scream.

He grabs my arm, throwing me onto the couch. "No."

"Help! Lex!" I yell.

"Quiet," Jim Taylor says and hovers over top of me.

His arm is next to my face and though he's holding my hands and I can't move, I turn my face and bite his arm.

"Ow! You bitch!" he yells and slaps my face.

As I start crying from the burn his slap left on my skin, I whimper, "Why are you doing this to me?"

Running his disgusting hand over my body, he leans close and whispers, "Because I need you."

My heart is pounding in my chest now, and I say, "What? I don't even know you."

"Oh, but you do," he says. As he says that, there's a knock on the door.

"Savannah, it's me," Alexander says and knocks. 

Jim Taylor puts his finger to my lips and says, "Shh. If you say anything, I will kill him. I swear to god I will kill him and make you watch every second."

Tears flow harder from my eyes now and Jim Taylor starts sliding my underwear down my thighs, and I can hear Alexander outside my dressing room. He's on the phone now talking to Simon, asking him where I am. 

"Savannah!" Alexander says, banging on the door again. "Damnit! Let me in!" 

I say nothing but lie there as Jim Taylor's hands are all over me, and when Jim Taylor accidentally kicks over the table next to the couch, the next thing I know, the door opens and Alexander rushes in, knocking Jim Taylor to the floor as I hurry to cover my body so Simon doesn't see me.

"Savannah," Simon says, hurrying over to me. "My god. Are you okay?!"

"Yes," I say. I'm still crying as I watch Alexander beat Jim Taylor senseless on the ground. 

"Lex," I say, reaching out for him as Simon wraps a dressing robe around me. "Stop."

Alexander releases a few more punches to Jim Taylor's face and glances back at me before whispering something into Jim Taylor's ear. Staring at me as he's holding his bleeding lip, Jim Taylor stands, winks, and then walks to the door.

"Thank you, Simon, but I can take it from here," Alexander says.

Simon glances at me for the okay. I nod, and he walks out the door, closing it behind him.

Alexander sits on the couch beside me, holding his face where Jim Taylor got in a punch or two, and he says, "Savannah, did he hurt you?"

"No. He just violated me."

"But did he..."

"No," I say, interrupting, not even wanting to think about if he had gone that far or if Alexander hadn't come in.

Alexander stands and paces the floor next to me as he holds his face and says, "Savannah, tell me about your father."

"My father? Why?"

"Just tell me."

"Um, I told you. He was a tire salesman."

Alexander turns and faces me, saying, "What else? I know that you're hiding something from me."

I say nothing as I stand and go to the closet to put my clothes on. 

Alexander grabs my arm as I walk past him. "Savannah."

"He made some bad investments. That's all I know."

Alexander says nothing for a moment as I slip my sweater over my head.

"What did Jim Taylor say to you?"

"That he needs me and I know him."

"But you've never met him before, right?"

I shrug. "Not to my knowledge."

"Is it possible he knew your father?" Alexander asks as I tie my shoes.

"Of course it's possible, Lex. But I don't know how he would know me."

"Well, we leave Boston in the morning to go to Chicago. He can't possibly follow us everywhere."

"No."