The Cast Party

"Alexander, this is Nolan, Tyler, Simone, Lexi, and Hallie."

He nods. "Pleasure." Then he gets up and walks to the bar and a few others follow.

"So, Savannah," Lexi says to me. "What's it like dating a billionaire?"

I shrug. "I don't know. He's... um... he's just like any other guy, really."

"Yeah, except with more money than God," Simone says, laughing.

I smile. "Yeah, I guess. But I don't really care about that."

"Ha. Yeah, okay."

"Savannah!" Tyler yells at me from the bar. "What do you want to drink?"

I see Alexander lean close to Tyler and whisper something before he glances back at me. A few minutes later, Alexander returns with a Margarita for me and a beer for him, and he sits beside me.

When Tyler sits back down, he looks across the table at Alexander and says, "So, I saw your company lost a few million dollars in the last trade share it did. That really sucks."

I grab Alexander's hand under the table to try and reassure him because I know how important the company he built himself is to him, but I was proud of him when he replied, "Yeah, it did. But when you consider a few million dollars to me is like 2 dollars to you, that puts it in perspective for you."

I rub my hand up and down his thigh to let him know how proud I am of his calm and cool answer, and leans into my ear and whispers, "You're turning me on." Then he kisses my ear.

"Well, Savannah, I guess we know why you keep going back to him even though he has zero personality," Tyler says.

I glance at Alexander from the corner of my eyes and see him seething, so I reply, "Actually, I don't care about Alexander's money."

"Oh, c'mon," Simone, another cast member, says. "You're telling us it doesn't affect your view of him at all?"

I shake my head. "No."

"I don't believe you. If he loses all his money tomorrow, you wouldn't care?"

"I grew up poor. His money does not affect how I see him," I say.

Alexander leans close to me and whispers, "Are we done here?"

I kiss his cheek and say, "Soon."

"How about some food?" I say and pick up a menu.

"Get whatever you want," Alexander says to me and raises his hand to flag down the waitress.

"You buying for all of us with those billions you have over there, Holt?" Tyler says.

"I'm sorry," I whisper.

"It's fine," he says. Then he leans in and says, "I'm about to show this clown who he's dealing with."

Alexander gets up and walks up to the bar for a few minutes, pulls out his card, then returns to the table.

"What did you do?" I whisper.

He looks around the table at the seven of us sitting there, and he says, "I bought beers and food for everyone."

I shake my head. "Why?"

"To shut that motherfucker up."

I sigh. "You didn't need to do that, you know."

He looks intensely into my eyes and says, "Yes. I did. Because don't you see what he's trying to do?"

"No. I don't."

"He's trying to make me look like an idiot who could only be wanted for my money. He thinks you're hot, Savannah."

I shake my head. "No, he doesn't."

"The fuck he doesn't. That man wants to take you to bed so badly he can't handle it. Trust me. I should know."

"How?" I ask.

"Because I used to look at you the way he does," he says.

I wrap my arms around his, lean my head on his shoulder, and say, "Well, the better man won."

"Then sign the contract."

I don't say anything but I glance up at his face because I know it's inevitable. If I want to be with Alexander, I have to face that damn contract.