A Date with a Billionaire

"Emberley!" I yell.

She rushes into my bedroom.

"Girl, what's wrong?" she asks.

"I can't decide what to wear tonight."

"Um... where's he taking you?" she says.

"No idea," I say.

"Oh. That makes this hard. The guy's a billionaire. If he's taking you somewhere nice, it could be really nice and you need to be looking so good," she says.

"Girl, I know!"

"Hm... can you ask him?" she says.

"No!"

"You'll just have to dress the part of a billionaire's girlfriend, I guess," she says.

"How do I do that?"

"Beats me. My boyfriend makes minimum wage sweeping floors at the museum," she says with a laugh and an eye roll.

I laugh and say, "Um, Let me try on a few and you tell me."

"Okay. Sounds good."

I go into my closet and try on my nicest dress. "Well?"

"No. Too fancy."

I change into the dress I wore to the art gallery. "What about this one?"

"Didn't he just see you in that one?"

"Ugh!"

"Girl, this guy might be a total jerk, but he's a billionaire. You need to make a lasting impression. Imagine getting married to him. You'd never work again for the rest of your life."

I change into the sexy satin white low V-back dress I wore to my cousin's wedding and step out to see Emberley one last time.

"Well?"

"That's it. That's the one. If I liked girls, I'd date you myself. You look hot."

There's a knock at the door.

"You finish getting ready. I'll get that," Emberley says.

Emberley answers the door, and I wonder if it's Alexander because I never gave him my address. I'm still curious how he'll find where I live.

"I'm here for Savannah."

"She's getting ready. C'mon in. I'm Emberley by the way."

"Alexander."

I step out of the bedroom. Alexander's eyes are immediately on me. "I'm ready."

"Wow. you look...wow," he says, his eyes wide.

"Thanks."

Alexander extends his arm for mine. "Shall we?"

"Yeah." I link my arm around his, and we walk to the door.

***

We get in his very expensive car and I'm nervous because I feel like I'm going to scuff it or break something.

"So, are you gonna tell me?" I say.

"Tell you what?"

"How you found me."

He gives me a flirty smile. "No."

"That's very sketch, you know."

"I know," he says.