Do I need a reason?

Jocelyn sits next to me and places her hand on my shoulder, saying, "A mistake? What mistake, sweetie?"

"I can't talk about it with you," I say, sniffling.

"Of course you can. That's what sisters-in-law are for."

I wipe my soggy eyes with the back of my hand and say, "That's just it. I don't know if you'll ever be my sister-in-law because Alexander can't stay away from other women."

"What?"

"I've always questioned why a man worth billions who can have any woman in the world would want me. It doesn't make sense, and he just proved my point in the ballroom."

"What are you talking about? What did he do?"

"He was standing with a woman I don't know and she was running her hand up and down his arm, whispering something in his ear."

"Oh. I'm sure it was nothing. Alexander would never do anything to jeopardize what he has with you."

"You don't know that," I say with a quick glance at her. 

"I do. He loves you, Savannah. When you left him for two months, he was a mess. He made a few bad deals, his company lost money, and he hardly left his penthouse. Believe me when I tell you that he was in a bad way. Forget about those other women. They will always want him, but he wants you, sweetie."

Jocelyn grabs my hand, holding out the ring finger with the gigantic diamond on it and she says, "Look at this ring, girl. Does this ring say to you, 'I'm having an affair,'?" 

I laugh and sniffle. "Well... it does kind of look like he's trying to make up for something."

Jocelyn laughs. "Okay. Maybe that was a bad example." Jocelyn takes my hands in hers and says, "He's my brother, I know him better than anyone, and I'm telling you that he wants you. They may want him, but he doesn't want them."

Wiping my eyes again, I say, "Thanks."

"Feel better?"

I nod. "Yeah."

She taps my knee and says, "C'mon. I need to get back to the ballroom and work on my boyfriend before another woman gets to him. I need to be the next one with a ring on my finger. I can't let my cousin Caylee beat me to it."

"I don't know her."

"Be glad. She's a C U next Tuesday."

I laugh. "Jocelyn, you are too much."

We walk out of the bathroom and Alexander is standing across the hall, petulantly tapping his fingers on his arms. Jocelyn walks over to him, pokes her finger into his sternum, and says, "Mind yourself."

He doesn't smile or say anything to her, but he waves his finger at me to follow him.

Grabbing my hand, he pulls me behind him farther down the hall. 

"Where are we going?"

"I'm taking care of this," he says and pulls me into an empty room and locks the door.

"What?" I say.

He grabs my face, holding our lips together, as he backs me against the wall.

"You need to know you are the only woman I want," he says and shimmies my dress up my thighs as we continue kissing.

"Here?" I say when he lifts me into his arms and holds my bare backside in his hands against the wall.

"Here," he says.

I reach down and unfasten his tuxedo belt and pants, and he maneuvers my body in a way so that he's now bracing the wall with one arm and holding me with the other, grinding his body with mine. I grip his strong jaw in my hands and kiss him repeatedly as he gives a soft moan and collapses his head against my chest, releasing a long breath. 

"I love you," he says.

"But why?"

He glances at my eyes and says, "Do I need a reason?"

"No."

He lets me stand and fastens his pants and belt before holding my face again, looking me in the eyes as he says, "Savannah, stop worrying about every woman you see. Please. I love you. I want you."

"There's always women..."

He interrupts me and says, "There will always be women who want me, Savannah, but you're going to be my wife."