It doesn't Make Sense

In the morning I wake up and Alexander isn't lying next to me.

"Lex?" I say, rubbing my eyes. But I remember he told me last night he has business early, and I roll over, checking for texts.

 But I remember he told me last night he has business early, and I roll over, checking for texts

I realize it's already 20 minutes past 8, so I get up and throw on pajama pants before checking the door for room service. When I open the door, there's a tray with food, a white rose, and a note. I bring the tray in, setting it on the table before I read the card.

Savannah,

If you think your boyfriend scared me away, think again. I'll never stop. I'll never leave. you will never get rid of me until you get rid of him. You belong with me, not him. Leave him now or else.

Love,

JT

I'm so shocked, I drop the note onto the floor and do nothing for several seconds. My phone buzzes from a text and I finally snap out of it and walk over to the night table and check my text from Alexander.

He doesn't respond right away and I try to eat the eggs and toast he had sent for me, but it's hard to concentrate on food when I can't stop thinking about Jim Taylor and why he would want to torment me like this

He doesn't respond right away and I try to eat the eggs and toast he had sent for me, but it's hard to concentrate on food when I can't stop thinking about Jim Taylor and why he would want to torment me like this. I decide to text Jenna.

I finish my food and then jump in the shower, hoping Alexander will return before I get out of the shower

I finish my food and then jump in the shower, hoping Alexander will return before I get out of the shower. As I'm sudsing my hair, I think about everything that's going on...Jim Taylor, Alexander, my parents and their accident, the will, their investments... all of it. Everything is so overwhelming and I let tears roll out of my eyes as the water runs over my body. I just stand in the shower crying, letting the water wash away my tears, fears, and worries. It's almost therapeutic. I don't know a lot about my dad's business life, but I heard enough to know he was in financial trouble because of his investments and he owed some people a lot of money. I used to wonder if that's what caused his suspicious death. I mean, how can someone wreck a car into a wall over a cliff on a sunny day without being sabotaged? Doesn't make sense. My parents' life insurance was mostly used to pay off their debts for that reason and then some of it was left to me. But not a lot since they owed so many people money. Maybe Alexander is right. Maybe it doesn't have anything to do with him at all. Maybe it's about my parents. But if that's true, then why does Jim Taylor keep demanding I get away from Lex? None of it makes sense, and I feel so confused about all of it. Do I stay with Alexander? Do I leave him and trust Jim Taylor is telling the truth? Why should I? He tried to rape me. But I also don't want to see anything bad happen to Alexander. At the same time, I love him and want to be with him. I can't trust that what Jim Taylor says will be the truth. I need to do what my heart tells me is right, and my heart tells me to be with Alexander.