He's unbelievable

I wake up on the bed in the back and Alexander is lying next to me immersed in his phone.

"Good morning," he says. "We land in 20 minutes."

"Going to tell me where we are yet?"

"France"

"What?! Are you insane?!" I exclaim but happiness is written all over my face.

He smiles wide enough to show me the dimple in his chin that I adore, and he says, "Maybe."

I reach my arms out, wrapping them around him. "I've never been to France, Lex."

"You're going to love this, then." He kisses my cheek. "Get yourself ready."

I go into the bathroom and put my clothes on and brush my teeth. Once I'm dressed, I go out to the lounge to see Alexander talking on the phone. He glances at me and says to the caller, "Look, I have to finish this with you another time. Thanks for giving me the information you did. Bye."

"So," I say, walking over and taking his hands in mine. "What are we doing?"

"Ever been skiing?"

"Ha! I can barely walk up the stairs without falling and you think I go skiing? You're funny."

"Well, I'm going to teach you."

I reach up to his shirt collar, holding it in my grasp. "You can try."

"We are almost ready to land, sir," the captain announces from the cockpit.

Alexander and I sit down, but I turn to watch out the window to see what France looks like as we land, while Alexander texts on his phone. Of course, I take a peek since he got that message from Jamie last night. I don't want to be suspicious, but it's hard when he doesn't tell me his feelings about me.

"I know what you're doing," he says.

"What am I doing?" I say.

"You're checking to see if I'm texting Jamie."

I turn and plop onto the couch like a child with a temper tantrum. "So?"

He glances at me and smiles. "I'm not. I have a surprise for you, remember?"

I continue watching out the window until the plane is on the ground. It's a small airport. Much smaller than the one we left in New York. I'm so excited to be in a foreign country that my happiness is expending my entire being, and I think I've squealed probably a dozen times. 

"Are you pleased?" he says as he grabs his phone and jacket and we prepare to get off the plane.

"You have no idea how excited I am."

Once the plane lands, we get in the back of a car. He says to the driver, "Straight to the cabin if you would."

"A cabin? What kind of cabin?" I ask.

"You'll see soon enough."

We drive through the mountains and he points out the window. "Those right there? That's the French Alps."

"Oh, Lex! I can't believe you brought me here!" I exclaim and watch the scenery pass me by as we drive. The snow-covered mountain tops are a breathtaking sight as the sun glistens against the white tips. As I watch each mountain pass by the window, I lean against Alexander and he wraps his arms around me, kissing the top of my head. 

"We're almost there," he says.

"Where?"

"To my private cabin in the mountains."

I cuddle against him with a sigh. This has to be a dream.

We drive about 10 more minutes, and the I see the most beautiful log cabin. It's surrounded by tall evergreens in a vast forest, and we must be miles from the nearest house or town. He says something indecipherable to the driver and then we go inside.

The inside is more gorgeous than I could've imagined. The front room has vaulted ceilings and a tall stone fireplace surrounded by a large U-shaped sofa with a furry rug. On the opposite end of the room is a built-in jacuzzi tub with a sky light and a mounted TV. The other side of the house there is a large kitchen and a dining room that houses another fireplace. In the center of it all is a tall staircase, leading up to what I can only assume are bedrooms.

"This place is a dream, Lex," I say and begin to walk around.

"You are pleased then?"

"Am I ever... I never imagined myself ever getting to experience something like this."

"I'm glad you are pleased."

"But why?"

"I need a reason?" he asks.

"We've only known each other a week. Why would you bring me here?"

"Savannah, you and I may have only known one another a week, but in that week, you have done more for me than people in my life that have known me a decade. You deserve this."

I reach up to his face, holding his jaw in my hands, and kiss him passionately. "Thank you."

"Now, come on. I have to teach you how to ski."

"But I don't have any ski equipment," I say.

"I had some delivered here for you."

I just shake my head at him. He's unbelievable.