You're not saying yes

I'm sitting on the couch in the new house's living room, and Alexander walks in from having just taken a shower. His hair is wet, he's in just boxers and sweats, and he looks so good! Mmm!

"Are you hungry?" he asks. "I'm hungry."

"I could eat," I say and move over to make room for him next to me on the couch.

He leans back in the corner of the couch and reaches his arm out for me to lean against him, so I scooch beside him and pull my blanket over me, getting cozy.

"What are you in the mood for?" he asks.

"Oh, I dunno. How about you?"

"Pizza and wings," he says.

"Okay, sure."

"Go ahead and order it," he says. I stand and leave the room to get the number hanging on the fridge for the local pizza place.

"Lex!" I holler.

"What?"

"Where's your card?"

"Nightstand!"

I hurry upstairs and grab his wallet from the inside drawer on nightstand beside the bed.

Alexander's phone is on the stand and I see a text pop up, so I reach over and grab it, opening it.

I gasp and check to see their previous messages but they've all been deleted.

Panicking now, I put his phone back and wonder what I should do as I begin pacing in the bedroom. I think about texting her back, pretending to be him to prompt her to say more, but I don't because I'm afraid of what she will say.

I walk back downstairs and Alexander is still sitting in front of the TV flipping through movies to watch. I sit beside him and say, "Lex, who is Kristi?"
He glances at me. "Who?"
"Kristi."
"I don't know."
"Alexander, tell me right now or I'm packing my bags and going to stay with Jenna."
"I don't know a Kristi," he says.
Angrily, I stand. He grabs my arm.
"Let me go," I spat.
"No! Why are you blaming me for this?"
"Alexander, a woman named Kristi texted your phone. Tell me who she is!"
"Oh..." he says and rubs his hands over his face as he walks in small circles. "It's not what you think."
"If that's the truth, then tell me."
"I can't."
"Why not?"
He turns and faces me, "Please just trust me on this."
"Alexander, she said you are meeting later. Why?"
He sighs.
"Tell me," I say.
"It was supposed to be a surprise."
"What?"
He kneels, takes my hand in his, and says, "I'm having a ring made for you. She owns a jewelry store."
"Lex..."
"Savannah, will you marry me?"
I don't say anything and he looks away for a moment. "You're saying no."
"I'm not."
He looks back at me and says, "But you're not saying yes."
I pause, look into his eyes, and say, "I'm worried about the contract."
He lifts his hand to my face, brushing his thumb against my cheek, as he says, "Don't be. I love you and I've never wanted anything more than I want you."

"What's it going to be like?"

"What's what going to be like?"

I take his hand in mine and say, "Life married to you."

"I'm going to love you more than you've ever been loved. I'll give you everything your heart has ever wanted. You will never want for anything. I swear it."

Leaning my head on his chest, I say, "And you'll be faithful to me?"

"Always. Just say you'll be mine."

"I already am."