Marie or Sebastian

Alexander

Savannah and I go to the penthouse for the night so I can be closer to the office. I want to investigate who might've done this and why they would've wanted to sabotage my car. 

"Lex," she says as I stand in the bedroom and dress after walking out of the shower.

I look over at her and she walks over to me, placing her arms around my waist, and she kisses the back of my shoulders a few times before resting her head against my bare back and she traces her fingers along the cuts on my back where the driver's side window shattered all over me. 

"Talk to me," I say.

"About what?" she says. I feel the sadness or fear in her eyes as it saturates the skin on my back from her tears, and I slip into my boxers and turn to face her, using my thumbs to wipe the tears from her eyes.

"Why are you crying?" I say.

"I'm so very afraid," she says.

"Why?" I ask and kiss her forehead.

"They said there's evidence to prove it was me. I swear I would never do anything to hurt you. I don't care about your money, Lex. You believe me, don't you?"

I take her hand, leading her to the bed, and say, "Of course I do. I know it wasn't you, my love."

As we start kissing, I sit on the bed, position her on my lap with her legs straddling my thighs, and slide the t-shirt she's wearing up her body. 

"Alexander," she mumbles through our kissing. She has her hands braced on my face and I'm in my happy place.

"Hm?" I say, wanting this to continue.

"What if all of this keeps us from getting married in three weeks like we planned?"

I lie back on the bed and kick my boxers down my legs, and we move to the headboard where I lean against it and she straddles my legs once more. I hold her backside in my hands as she moves on me and I say, "I won't let it happen."

"Swear it," she says.

I switch positions, and she's underneath me now. She reaches her hands around me, digging her fingers into my back, and wraps her legs around my waist as I keep a tight grip on her backside in my hand to hold her body against me.

I lean down and kiss her lips. "I swear it."

Her hands move to my face, cupping my jaw as we kiss and she says, "I love you." 

God, do I love this woman...

I release a deep sigh and drop my body onto hers. She kisses my sweaty forehead and holds me against her. 

"Lex," she says as she lies next to me under the covers. I'm still recovering from the amazing sex we just had and I'm just lying there with my hands under my head, thinking about what to do with her situation.

"They said I deleted texts or something. They said they have proof."

I look over at her now resting her head on my shoulder, and I say, "What kind of proof?"

"I last texted you yesterday at 12:30 asking you when you were coming home."

"Yeah. I got that but I was on a call and I had planned on replying right after I hung up, but..."

"I know, you got in the accident. But they say I kept texting, begging you to come home. They say I deleted texts and cut the brake lines."

I laugh because I know Savannah wouldn't even know how to find a brake line.

"Why are you laughing?" she says.

"Because I know you don't even know what a brake line is."

She pokes my side, and says, "Stop laughing at me."

"Savannah, babe, I'm not at all worried about this, and neither should you be," I kiss her cheek and say, "My attorney will take care of this."

"Jocelyn hired a Private Investigator," she says.

"For what?"

"Well, we were worried about who did this to you and the police seem stacked against you," she says.

"That's fine," I say. "Could prove to be of some use, maybe."

She sighs and says, "How do you feel about the baby? Truly."

"I'm ecstatic."

"What do you hope for? A boy or a girl?"

"I want a little girl who looks just like you," I say.

"What would you name her?"

"Savannah."

She laughs. "You can't name her after me."

"Sure I can. There's no law saying I can't."

"Really, Lex, what would you call her?"

"Marie. I'll name her Marie."

"And if we have a boy?"

"You decide," I say.

"Sebastian," she says.

"Hm... I like that."