♡ FORTY FIVE ♡

❝ ғᴀᴍɪʟɪᴀʟ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ᴇssᴇɴᴄᴇ ᴏғ ᴡʜᴀᴛ
ᴋᴇᴇᴘs ᴀ ғᴀᴍɪʟʏ ᴛᴏɢᴇᴛʜᴇʀ. ɪᴛ ɪs ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴏɴᴅ
ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴜɴᴛɪᴇs ᴜs, ᴛʜᴇ ғᴏᴜɴᴅᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ᴛʜᴀᴛ
ᴜᴘʜᴏʟᴅs ᴜs, ᴛʜᴇ ɢʟᴜᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴋᴇᴇᴘs
ᴜs sᴛʀᴏɴɢ ❞

~~~

🇰 🇦 🇿 🇮 🇲 🇮 🇷 :

“Oh, c'mon! Don't be such a wuss, Sully!”

It's been two days since I caught golden boy all over Ella. Two days. They're probably going at it right now. And what am I doing? Playing fucking dress up with my little sister.

How fun.

But it's the least I can do for not being there to watch her grow up. If I have to chop off my legs and do fucking tricks with them to make her smile, I'll do it in a heartbeat. That seemed too graphic, though… she probably won't like that. Playing dress up will have to do for now.

“Don't call me that.” I mutter through clenched teeth.

“What? A wuss, or Sully?”

“Both.”

She straightens the bright pink boa around my neck, and I have to fight the urge to rip it off. So fucking itchy.

“No can do. It's either one or the other. Choose.”

“How about Kaz?” She pouts forcefully, and her eyes sparkle just like mom's would when she got excited. My chest pains at the memory.

“That's too vanilla. I like Sully better. Or wuss, since you know, you're actually a wuss.”

My eyes narrow as I stare into her ocean eyes through the mirror. “Is it your intention to be absolutely infuriating?”

She shrugs, pulling a pair of crimson heels the size of my damn face out of her closet. “Favorite color?” She murmurs, squinting at the heels in her hand. I tug at the boa to allow more oxygen into my lungs. Did she seriously have to strangle me with it?

“Red.” 

“Even your color choice is vanilla.”

“Did you call me here to roast me and strangle me or dress me up like a damn Barbie doll? Because I'm starting to like none of the reasons.”

“Now you're a complaining wuss,” She says, tapping my calf roughly. “Feet up.”

I keep my feet planted to the wooden flooring. “I already told you, I'm not wearing those torture devices.”

“And I already told you. I don't care. Feet. Lift. Now.” She grabs my bare leg, lifting it off the ground. I hiss as her fingernails dig into the flesh.

“Theodora.” I warn.

“Theo.” She grunts, tugging my leg higher. Before I can stop her, my leg is lifted into the air, and I lose balance in the other, toppling to the ground with a loud thud. My ass stings as it makes contact with the wooden floor.

“Oops,” She whispers with a sheepish smile. I wait for the anger to bubble in my veins. Drown my insides with rage. But all I feel when I look into her blue eyes and take in the adorable smile on her lips, is… calmness.

“Your butt okay? It sounded like it hurt really bad…” The door bursts open then, and a frantic looking Jason stands in the doorway, looking around desperately. Quickly, his features drop from worry to confusion. I stand, tugging at the stupid crop top and denim skirt Theodora forced me into. And this God forsaken itchy boa.

God, the things I do for her.

Jason's confused gaze moves from Theodora to me, slowly taking in my outfit. Amusement replaces his confusion in seconds. His mouth opens to speak, but I'm quick to stop him.

“Say something, and I'll be forced to lodge a dagger in your throat.” His eyes widen, and he takes a frightened step back. I wince when Theodora's hand comes in contact with my head. Fuck, does she hit hard.

Ouch.” I hiss.

“Don't threaten him.” I shoot a glare Jason's way. He takes another step back, his feet passing the threshold.

“Break her heart, and I'll break your neck. Understood?” I say lowly, so only he can hear. He nods once, and I feel a smirk tug at my lips. I turn on my heel, keeping my expression neutral.

“I'll do what I damn well please, Rory.” I mutter, grabbing my clothes from her bed, and stalking toward her bathroom.

“It's Theo. And where do you think you're going? We're not done here.” I rip the boa from my neck, the feathers fluttering through the air like confetti. I'm sure if I look in the mirror, I'll find a rash all over my collar bone and neck. Fucking itchy ass boa.

“Yeah we are. Your dress up quickly became literal torture. I'm done.”

“You're so whiny, you know that?” Instead of answering, I walk into her bathroom, and shut the door, locking it behind me.

♡♡♡

My phone buzzes on the marble countertop of Theodora's bathroom sink for the seventh time today. Elijah's name flashes across the screen in an irritating fashion.

Or I'm just irritated at the world…

Definitely the latter.

I tap the green answer button rather aggressively, and put the phone to my ear.

“Yes.” I say flatly.

“Aren't you in a lovely mood.” His bored tone rings through the phone's speaker, making my foul mood even more sour. My eyes take in my appearance in the mirror.

My chestnut hair, dishevelled. My eyes rimmed with dark circles. My eyebrows and lips drawn into a permanent scowl. Somehow, Theodora doesn't mind it.

“Is there a reason for your persistent phone calls, sir?”

“Just to remind you of how much time remains. Four days. I have a feeling you haven't shed a single drop of blood, and that feeling doesn't sit right with me. It's annoying, to say the least. Do something about it. Immediately.” My jaw clenches so tight, I'm surprised my teeth don't crack.

“Yes, sir.” I'm about to end the call and throw my phone against the mirror when he speaks up again.

“Oh, and Kazimir,”

“Yes, sir?” A sharp pain shoots through my gums. I hold back the wince and wait for his next words.

“Don't let that brat of a little sister slither her way into your heart.” He says the words as if it's physically painful to utter. “No assassin of mine will allow a weakness such as love to deter his mission. Are we clear?”

“Crystal.” I grit out, ending the call and slamming the phone hard against the marble.

Four days to kill six people. How lovely.