♡ CHAPTER ONE ♡

❝ ᴛʜᴇ ᴊᴏᴜʀɴᴇʏ ᴏғ ᴀ ᴛʜᴏᴜsᴀɴᴅ ᴍɪʟᴇs
ʙᴇɢɪɴs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴀ sɪɴɢʟᴇ sᴛᴇᴘ ❞

~~~

🇬 🇦 🇧 🇷 🇮 🇪 🇱 🇱 🇦 :

Adrenaline rushes through my bones like a power surge as the car jolts to an abrupt stop. On instinct, I put all my force onto the hooter. My eyes zero in on the obstacle in my path and the cuss word that I was about to spew out lodges in my throat.

My eyes move in slow motion from his messy dark brown hair to his strong set jaw, full lips, unfairly perfect nose-from what I can see from the distance between us- and criminally beautiful eyes that strangely resemble a raging thunderstorm.

"Are you trying to kill me? Jesus Christ." He utters with a slight snarl, and just like that, my sudden attraction flutters out of my barely open window. A sickly feeling settles in my lower abdomen, and bile rises to my throat. And a feeling I'd only ever felt for one man in my life settles in the very marrow of my bones. Disgust.

"Maybe if you'd move faster, you wouldn't have given me a chance to knock you." I follow my words with a long, obnoxious hoot that makes him and his weirdly attractive friends stagger along to the entrance of the school.

Before I have a chance to drive along, the last person from his group laughs softly-but loud enough for me to hear- in my direction. Her ocean eyes shining with undeniable amusement. Something tells me she's not laughing at me but more so laughing at how I'd put her friend in his place. That thought puts a sudden giddy feeling in my veins.

Maybe today won't be so bad after all.

♡♡♡

I jinxed it. I knew once I said it, too. I'm currently running thirty minutes late to an hour chemistry lesson all because my tour guide decided against showing his-or her- face. From the outside, you'd think this school would be tiny, but no, it has around five floors of endless classrooms. I hadn't gotten my timetable either since the tour guide, whoever they are, apparently has it. So all these classrooms with various numbers etched into the mahogany wooden doors are foreign to me.

I'd tried knocking on a few doors to ask around, but every single educator glared at me with such hatred, I'd crawled back into myself and continued on my path to find my infamous chemistry teacher. Though it seems he's nowhere to be found.

A familiar head of dark curls moving in my periphery stops me in my tracks. My stomach churns at the sight of him. All masculine and pretty. Unfairly attractive. He has the type of effortless beauty that you'd throw your morals away for, for just a single taste.

The type of boy you'd inevitably lose yourself in if given the chance. In the fraction of a second, I'd laid my eyes on him, I was all but willing to forget my past love and heartbreak just to worship the very ground he walked on. But then he opened his pretty mouth and made me realise why I'd given up on boys.

The reminder alone makes bile bubble up my esophagus, leaving a burning sensation in its wake. He smiles at something he'd heard, and my stomach drops at the sight. His lips curve at the ends in an irresistible way that makes my ears heat and my stomach flutter. Dimples, I realise. He has fucking dimples. Of course he does.

God could not have made a more beautiful, ethereal person. But then punished the world and gave him such an unpleasant personality. His gaze shifts to me and the amusement from seconds ago shifts to an emotion I can't quite decipher. His mouth moves, but due to the barrier between us, I'm unable to hear.