♡ THIRTY FOUR ♡

❝ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ɪs ᴀɴ ɪɴᴠɪsɪʙʟᴇ sᴛʀɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ
ᴄᴏɴɴᴇᴄᴛs ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ᴀʀᴇ ᴅᴇsᴛɪɴᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ
ᴍᴇᴇᴛ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʜʀᴇᴀᴅ ᴍᴀʏ sᴛʀᴇᴛᴄʜ ᴏʀ
ᴛᴀɴɢʟᴇ ʙᴜᴛ ᴡɪʟʟ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ʙʀᴇᴀᴋ ❞

~~~

🇭 🇺 🇳 🇹 🇪 🇷 :

My door swings open, and Jason and Tony come barging in. Jason places a giant whiteboard in the center of my room, and Tony slams the door shut. They both stare at me expectantly.

“What the hell is happening?!”

“There's a reason Kazimir decided to stay here for the night.” Tony says, stating the fucking obvious.

“Oh really? And what got you to that conclusion?” Jason snorts out a laugh. I look at him for a moment and shake my head, looking back at Tony.

“Can you stop being a dick for a second and help us figure this out?” I cross my arms over my chest.

“Look, I'm not trying to be a dick, but I've been saying how suspicious it is that he suddenly shows up here after all this time. And yet, it seems no one wants to listen to me. They're all distracted by his charm.”

“You got distracted once upon a time,” Jason says with a smirk. I shoot a glare his way.

“That's not the point here, King.” My words make his smirk turn into an amused smile. I turn my attention back to Tony who stares between us with a bored look.

“You two done?” He asks. We both nod, and his bored expression lifts slightly.

“I have reason to believe Elijah gave Kazimir another mission.” He flicks his wrist in Jason's direction and Jason quickly pulls the tarp off the whiteboard, revealing pictures and newspaper articles pinned onto it. I move closer to the board, my eyes taking in every inch of it.

“What is this?” I ask, confusion and intrigue consuming me the more I look at the board.

“It's my track list of Elijah's whereabouts over the past couple of years. Some include Kaz's whereabouts as well.”

My eyes stop on a picture of Gaby. A portrait of her in a newspaper article with the headline; Fifteen year old female goes missing only to reappear three months later.

“This article is dated four years ago,” I say, pulling it off the board. “What does Gaby going missing have to do with Elijah's whereabouts?”

“This board isn't just his whereabouts,” Jason says, taking the article from me and placing it back on the board. “This is everything Elijah has been involved in, in the past twenty years.” My eyebrows rise up my forehead, and I look at the board in a completely different light. Specific words stand out to me now.

Assault.
Rape.
Murder.

This board is an investigator's wet dream.

“What are you doing with all this information?”

“I believe that Elijah assigned Kaz to kill us.”

My eyes widen as I take in his words. “He… what?!”

“Elijah believes that in order to have all the power, he needs to eliminate every last living relative of the Taylors line. Blood or not.”

“And in doing so,” Jason adds, “He needs Kaz to infiltrate Taylors Manor and make every last one of us trust him. That way, our guard will be down, and it'll be child's play to kill us.”

“Why are you telling me this?” I step back, away from the board.

“The only reason Kaz is still able to stay here is because of his ties with Gabriella.” Tony says softly.

“What does that have to do with me?” My gaze switches between the two of them. Confusion in my bloodstream.

“We need you to cut the ties, Hunter."