♡ THIRTY SIX ♡

❝ sᴏᴍᴇᴛɪᴍᴇs, ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ ɪs sᴏ ᴘʟᴀɪɴ ᴀɴᴅ
sɪᴍᴘʟᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ɪᴛ's ʜᴀʀᴅ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇʟɪᴇᴠᴇ ɪᴛ
ʜᴀsɴ'ᴛ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ❞

~~~

🇭 🇺 🇳 🇹 🇪 🇷 :

Three days later...

My finger taps an unsteady rhythm on my thigh, and my eyes narrow toward the worn leather journal on my desk.

K.T.
K.T.
K.T.

Jason said they believe it's Kazimir's from glimpses of the pages. And the K has to stand for Kazimir.

But the T?

That's the thing that's throwing me off. I'd thought perhaps it could be his middle name, but according to the files we have on him, he was never given a middle name at birth.

I pull myself closer to the desk and lower my eyes to the gold etched letters. It seems he's tried to rid the book of the T. The golden foil lifts slightly, and some pieces are missing, but the letter is still very visible.

My fingers graze the dusty leather, and I flip it open to a random page. My jaw tightening as I scan the words on the weathered paper.

[ 𝐸𝑥𝑡𝑟𝑎𝑐𝑡 𝑓𝑟𝑜𝑚 𝐾𝑎𝑧𝑖𝑚𝑖𝑟'𝑠 𝑝𝑒𝑟𝑠𝑜𝑛𝑎𝑙 𝑗𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑛𝑎𝑙 𝑎𝑏𝑜𝑣𝑒 ]

♡♡♡

“What crawled up your ass and died, pretty boy.” She mutters in a gentle voice against my ear and wraps a slender arm around my waist. As she leans into me, her honeysuckle perfume flutters in the air around us and turns my mind hazy.

“Nothing,” I say with as much gentleness as I'm able to muster. I can't let my distaste for Kazimir ruin my mood, especially not around her.

“Doesn't look like nothing. You've been up in your room for hours, you missed the movie marathon we had.” My eyes drop to hers.

“Movie marathon? What movie?”

Final Destination,” my heart skips a beat as her lips tug into a bright smile. I'd only seen her smile like that once—three days ago— and I can't seem to get enough of it.

I can't seem to get enough of her.

For once, I can agree on something with Kazimir. She's a brightness in your life you never expected to find. And when you experience a brightness such as hers, you can't help but hold on with every last bit of strength you have. Because once that brightness fades, that all-consuming darkness doesn't wait to take its place.

She tugs me along to the living room, and darkness welcomes me, along with the florescent sheen of the television screen. Tony, Luka, Jason, and Kazimir are huddled in a row on the floor, bowls of popcorn between each of them, and Theo and Josie are snuggled up under blankets on the sofa. The words Final Destination 5 sit frozen on the screen in front of them.

They're all on their phones except Kaz. He looks up and meets my gaze. His features harden as his eyes drop to my hand, intertwined with Gaby's. A smirk pulls at my lips.

Is this what smugness feels like? I fucking love it.

She tugs me further into the room, and pushes me down onto the sofa, and curls up beside me. I wrap an arm tightly around her waist, and pull her further into me. I push my face into the crook of her neck and inhale her soft scent.

Honeysuckle and gardenias.

I think I could get used to this.