♡ THIRTY ONE ♡

❝ ɢᴜɪʟᴛ ɪs ᴀ ғᴇᴇʟɪɴɢ ᴡʜɪᴄʜ ᴡʜɪsᴘᴇʀs ᴛᴏ
ᴜs ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ʜᴀʀᴍᴇᴅ ᴀɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ;
sʜᴀᴍᴇ, ᴀ ғᴇᴇʟɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴇ ʜᴀᴠᴇ
ʜᴀʀᴍᴇᴅ ᴏᴜʀsᴇʟᴠᴇs ❞

~~~

🇬 🇦 🇧 🇷 🇮 🇪 🇱 🇱 🇦 :

Four years ago; September 2011.

I killed someone. I killed an innocent woman. All because I wanted freedom.

What have I done?!

When I enter the location my kidnapper told me to meet him, my knees give in, and I fall to the ground. The tar scrapping against the bare flesh of my knees. The pain numbs, and all I'm able to focus on is the erratic beats of my heart in my ears.

My breathing becomes choppy, and a weight settles on my chest. Heavy and suffocating.

I killed someone.
I killed someone.
I killed someone.

“Ah, there you are, my little murderer.” I feel him place a hand on my head. It burns my scalp like lava as he rubs along my hair. He drops beside me, and my breath catches when the hand on my head moves down to my jaw.

“Do you know what day it is, beautiful?” He says in a gravelly whisper. I shake my head, my voice suddenly gone.

I think I'm going to throw up.

“It's not only your birthday, but it's the day I finally set you free.”

You don't deserve freedom.
You deserve pain.
Torment.
Isolating sadness.
You killed an innocent woman and deserve nothing but absolute hell.

My head is shaking, I realise. Side to side. I'm disagreeing.

His hand moves to my chin, and he lifts my head for me to look at him. Into his deep ocean eyes with my blurry ones.

“You're free, my love. You can go home.”

“No,” I utter in a shaky whisper. “Please, no. I don't deserve freedom.” He lets out a humorless laugh.

“You already followed through with the mission I gave you. This is your payment. No negotiation. No disagreement. This is what you get in return for acquiring and eliminating your target.” He grabs my throat suddenly with an immense amount of force.

“Are we clear, Gabriella?” I struggle to swallow with the pressure on my neck. I nod slowly, my eyes brimming with tears.

“Words. Use your words, beautiful.” He says surprisingly gently.

“Yes,” I choke out. “We're clear.” He lets go of my throat and taps my cheek gently.

“Good girl.”