CHAPTER 27

CHAPTER 27 : Party check-list
-------------------------------------------------------

Fawad stared at Rudhra .

"So you technically kidnapped her and took her on a dinner date , where your kid was already present?" He asked for the second time trying to check if he heard it clearly .

"Yes , she was furious at first , but when she saw my baby Adikrit with new clothes and toys , she calmed down" Rudhra happily said.

"I might kidnap him once again . I have heard kalyani is sending him away on a school trip so that he can escape from me" Rudhra told him.

"Rudhra, don't you think it's a little more ? You stalked her here in America , while she actually worked in Delhi and then kindapped her with her son" Seth asked and without bothering to answer him , Rudhra just corrected "Ours"

"Huh?" He asked in confusion.

"Our son" Rudhra said , "not just hers"

"She technically raised him for years" Seth told him.

"We would have , if she informed me , instead of keeping him away , thinking I am some sort of monster" Rudhra mumbled .

"Aren't you one though?" Seth asked and Fawad looked at Seth with side eyes , offended at his choice of words for Rudhra.

"I am , but the truth still hurts . Why would she want me to return to that weak powerless Rudhra?" Rudhra couldn't understand her.

"Maybe because she wants a good role model for your son?" Seth said , as if it was a fact .

"I can always pretend to be a nice person , like I did today . I told him I am a children story book writer , and narrated him the story of few Disney movies while mixing them up with each other , and he believed it" Rudhra said .

"True , if we can't be a good person , we can always pretend to be . Now you won't see me killing people in front of Safia , because I am a family man now . So why can't Rudhra do the same?" Fawad asked.

"I never supported your decision of trying to play nice either . Either be nice or just drop the act" Seth told them .

"You know Seth ,I truly have a pocket full of damns , and even after trying , I can't seem to give your words even a single one" Rudhra sarcastically said and Fawad laughed at this .

"Rudhra—I don't know how to tell this to you nicely anymore and I won't even try . So just know , if you pretend to be a fake person , your son will know the day he will grow up , either he will despise you , or grow up to be you . Either way , it's not going to do you any good" Seth said and got up from the chair .

Seth walked out of the room,  only to see Augustus walk in the room .

"What happened ? What's with the long faces?" He asked.

"Nothing much . Seth was being a teacher , because he seems to know that I have skipped college . How is your life going ?" Rudhra asked.

"It's going great . I went to the doctor today with Zeheb to check on our child and it's thankfully healthy. It might not be the most perfect occasion, but I want to throw a party to celebrate this. A grand party , with everything she likes" Augustus told them.

"And what does she exactly like ? I swear if she's one of the 'I want only a simple party kind of girl' my day is ruined. I need good food . A lot of food" Rudhra told him.

"Nah , she actually likes parties a lot . Zeheb likes everything shiny and glittery . So obviously I want to throw her a party , which will make her feel happy" Augustus told them.