CHAPTER 15

CHAPTER 15: A Taste of Romance
----------------------------------------------------------

Safia came outside wearing a simple green kurta with blue jeans along with a blue dupatta wrapped around her neck. She styled her hair in a simple ponytail and looked at Kalyani, who was sitting inside quietly. She didn't like the thought of leaving her alone.

'Maybe she can enjoy some food too,' she thought and walked towards her.

"Kalyani," Safia whispered and got the attention of the other girl who was looking at her.

"Wear this." She passed Kalyani a long frock, who stared at it for a few seconds.

It was a black frock with white floral patterns.

"Are we going somewhere?" She inquired.

"Yes. Now quickly wear this, and when you go outside, no matter what you see, just don't react. I will explain everything in the car." Kalyani blankly nodded at Safia's words.

"See, it's just for protection for now." Safia passed her a dupatta with an apologetic look.

She quickly typed 'Niqab tutorial,' and a video with a girl styling a niqab with just a dupatta came up.

"Try this style, okay?" Safia told Kalyani, who stared at everything and noticed the phone Safia passed. Before she could throw more questions at Safia, she ran outside to get at least some tea for the two men. She had a lot of worries in her mind along with fear.

She quickly came into the living room where Fawad and Rudhra were sitting, and a rat appeared suddenly. It was a rat that stayed in her house, and she usually fed it. She quickly halted in her steps to not hurt the tiny creature, but due to stopping quickly, her leg twisted. She held the door frame for support, but the rat started running around her feet in panic seeing the gigantic feet stopping near itself.

"Yah Allah! Get out of my Remi!" She shouted, quickly lifting her feet from the ground before the rat could bite her in anxiousness. She held her leg in the air for a bit, but it resulted in her losing her balance. A scream emitted from her throat, realizing that she will fall on the ground, but it didn't come. Instead, she felt an arm wrap around her waist and holding her from falling to the ground.

She opened her eyes in surprise to see that Fawad had caught her in his arms.

"You fine?" Fawad asked, and she nodded quickly while trying to stand up, but Fawad's grip was firm upon her body. She couldn't believe that he came towards her this quickly.

"Yes, now...can you leave me?" She asked with hesitation, ignoring the pounding of her heart against her chest, but only if she knew that she wasn't the only one who could hear the heartbeat in her ears. Fawad was in a similar position. Their noses were just an inch apart.

He slowly let her go from his grip, making sure that she is standing firmly on her feet.

"Klutz," Rudhra mumbled from the side.

As Safia hurriedly made her way towards the kitchen, she couldn't shake off the feeling of embarrassment from the incident with the rat. Her cheeks still felt warm, and she wished she could disappear into thin air to avoid facing Fawad and Rudhra's amused expressions.

Just as she was about to dart past them, Fawad's hand gently wrapped around her wrist, causing her to wince in pain. The mark from Rudhra's cigarette had worsened, and the accidental spill of hot oil had only made it more painful. She tried to pull her wrist back, but Fawad's concerned gaze lingered on her.

"You seem hurt," he remarked softly, his eyes fixed on the reddish mark.

Safia quickly brushed off his concern with a forced smile. "No, I am not," she replied, attempting to hide her discomfort.