CHAPTER 22

CHAPTER 22 : Forging Trust
--------------------------------------------------------

Safia walked towards the place Fawad was seated and sat down in front of him .

"Hello" She greeted . Despite her polite tone , it was evident that she was uncomfortable . She couldn't get the image of Fawad with a gun in his hand , out of her head.

"Hello-It's great to meet you again" Fawad said with a slight smile . Remembering the words of his therapist.

Be polite Fawad . Always greet her happily and with energy .

Although he couldn't fully smile remembering how wierd he looks in the mirror as his dimple on left cheek appear .

"Likewise" Safia relaxed , seeing that smile displaying over his face.

'Maybe not fully , but he has surely mend his ways a little' Safia couldn't help but think that .

"I would like to jump straight to the point Safia " Fawad breathed out. He wanted to talk about a lot of things with her , but for now , marriage was the main priority.

"We are getting married next week" He told her . There wasn't any questions, or uncertainity . He wasn't looking for any advice or her perspective, and Safia was well aware , so she just gave a nod.

It was quick . Quicker than she had assumed.

"Okay. Is there a certain colour I have to wear?" She asked him.

"No . Just choose anything from the mall , I would be taking you to" Fawad told her.

"I don't need a new dress . I will just wear one of my mother's. It's not like it's a real wedding anyways " Safia told him , and the last part hurted him . He was trying his best to be atleast a nice husband for her , even though it meant for a time of just 5 years . He wanted her to take the marriage a bit seriously for atleast that span.

"There will be people to impress. I don't want my bride to appear in some vintage lenghna . So , just get your stuffs . We are leaving for the mall" Fawad told her .

"Right now ?" Her eyes widened.

"Yes"

"The shop is still open and I have work to attend" Safia told him.

"Then close the shop . I will pay double the salary" Fawad said .

"Life doesn't always work on money-" Safia forced a smile trying to make him understand.

"But it mostly does" Fawad cut her words in the middle .

By this time , Kashaf appeared with food in her hands.

"Hope you enjoy" She said.

"You shouldn't be eating those kind of stuffs a week before your wedding . You will get ill" Rudhra said as soon as he walked in the shop . Safia's face fell hearing that .

'What does he think of himself ? How can he say like that ?!' Safia wanted to throw a punch across his face . She knew that some people are straightforward and always speak on point , without sugar coating words . But Rudhra was straight up rude with no regards of others feelings.

"I find no problem in the food" Fawad quietly started to dig in the food . He ate a bite and looked at Safia.

"The food is good . Thanks for it" He thanked Safia and quietly ate that . Rudhra scoffed.

'I hate love for a reason . It makes people do stupid things . If I find him drinking sewage water tomorrow, I won't be surprised' Rudhra thought .

Fawad was one of those people who got ill quickly . He was never exposed to the kind of food made without proper chefs , and ingredients which weren't imported or handled properly . But here he was eating it .

The CEO's Contract Wifeजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें