CHAPTER 12

CHAPTER 12 : Twist in events
--------------------------------------------------------

"Safia"He called her out and she stared at him.

"Oh Mr Fawad , I was about to follow you"She nervously told him.

"That's fine . Follow me inside now" he told her and she gave him a slight nod and followed him .

"Do you want to eat something?" He asked her and she shook her head.

"Fine , then be beside me while I meet people" He told her and started to talk with different people again , but this time by Safia on his side.

"Well , Mr Siddiqui , who is this girl with you?" A man asked . Despite being old , he was dressed up in a fashionable tuxedo and his hairs were gelled back.

"I will declare that at the end of the party , but for now just know that she is an acquaintance of mine" the man just gave a slight nod after hearing the words and took a sip from the champagne glass he was drinking from .

Hours passed , as the meetings between people kept going on. At this point , Safia thought that it was not a party but more like a meeting between the elites.

The only good part about this whole place was the food. It looked delicious, but she couldn't taste any single one of them , because of awkwardness.

Fawad introduced her to a few actresses whome she saw on television, and they looked prettier in person . Thankfully , they were sweet too .

"Safia look here"she turned around to find Seth standing with a tray in his hand. It had a long white plate with servings of around all the continental delicacies.  It had deserts too in different bowls with few small glasses filled with cocktails.

"What is this?" She inquired.

"See Fawad is busy for now , till then , follow me upstairs . Enjoy some food " Seth offered.

"No , no it's fine . I will eat something later on" Seth frowned at her words.

"Come on ! You have been hungry for hours now . Don't do this to yourself. Eat something and upstairs you can pray salah too" Safia started to think about his offer, because she was hungry and she knew , if she didn't ate anything, her stomach will grumble.

"What will Fawad say?" She asked.

"He will say nothing . His father is about to come, he will be busy—"Before Seth could complete his words , a silence filled in the room which was earlier surrounded by chatters of people.

A man who looked around sixty entered the room . He had white strands of hairs and his beard was slightly white too . His skin remained tight and his square jaw was clenched in seriousness . A dangerous aura dripped from him.

And it was made obviously by everyone else too , as they all stood quiet in his presence.

"Who is he?" Safia whispered and asked Seth .

"Khalid Siddiqui" Hearing the name Safia clasped a hand on her mouth and decided to be as quite as possible.

Augustus who was beside Fawad stared at his friend whose aura changed seeing his own father. He was stiff now.

"I hope everyone is enjoying the party" Khalid said and everyone uniamously answered.

"Let's sneak out" Seth told her and Safia quietly followed him upstairs , but took a glance of Fawad for the last time , who just stood still looking at his own father . The confident man now just seemed like an empty vessel .

"Now it's time to give a lesson to the fool , because of whom I am embarrassed"Khalid said and Seth started going upstairs , but Safia just stood still trying to figure out what was happening.