CHAPTER 25

CHAPTER 25 : Confronting Desires
---------------------------------------------------------

Fawad's head felt dizzy and his throat was aching . He opened his eyes , to be met with the bright lights of the hospital room , making him shut his eyes down . The memories of the marriage was still deeply engraved in his mind .

"Safia -" he called out in worry with an aching pain in his throat .

"I am beside"Safia's voice comforted him . He opened his eyes slightly, but this time slowly . Instead of the shining light of the lamp , his eyes were met with Safia's eyes . Her face was in front of his face . A scratch was on his cheek .

"Do you need water?"she asked him . She wasn't in her lengha anymore . Instead she was wearing a white kurta with red patiala , and red dupatta. Her hairs were tied in a bun and were brushed properly, as the strands decorated her face.

"Are you fine?"he asked instead of answering her question.

"I should be asking you this " Safia said as tears formed in his eyes.

"I never expected you to do this much for me. Not just you , anyone . Your hand -it have a fracture because of me" she sniffled her tears . Fawad brought his hand closer to her face , wiping her tears down with his fingers. She let his hand rest on her face and he cupped it from the side .

"You are worth so much more Safia.  You should stop underestimating yourself" Fawad told her and got up from the bed . Safia was quick to support him and held his arms , helping him to sit.  Their bodies were close to each other and she stayed focused on helping him , and he stayed focused on trying to calm his heart down at this close sight of his beloved wife.

When he finally sat down , she backed off , and Fawad regretted getting up this quick and not letting the moment last longer.

Safia went to the side , and poured some water into the glass from the jug.

"Are you sure , you don't want water ?" She asked him and he gave her a nod . His throat ached too much , for him to think of even letting any beverage pass down it.

She gave a slow nod and took a sip . She felt like she wanted to cry again , the guilt had kept her awake from the past 2 days . Exactly for the past 2 days , Fawad has been unconscious. His family members are yet to come here , but they aren't able to , because of the weather . There have been storms , which are making them unable to come here as the airports have shut down .

She took two sips and put the glass on the side .  A pain again emerged in his throat and he coughed . He quickly took the glass from the side from which Safia had just drank .

"I drank from it , let me pour a new one for you" She offered .

"I don't mind that" Fawad said between the coughs and drank the rest of the water from the exact side Safia drank subconsciously.

Safia noticed it , and she couldn't help her cheeks feel hot suddenly and she rubbed them with her palm. Fawad put the glass down and stared at her.

"Are you fine?" He asked her and she gave a shy nod . But he could notice her face slightly turning red . With worry , he put a hand on her forehead coming close to her .

"You don't have a fever—so why is your face turning red ?" He asked her .

She noticed his face for the first ever time , as he came this close to her . His  eyes were lightly brown in colour and the light escaping from the quilts of the window , fell upon them making them appear honey like in colour . His fairs fell loose upon his forehead , and she blinked her eyes at that .  The light blue shirt of the hospital he was wearing , made him look more handsome .